#22

Earlier that night...

"This is your company's anniversary, not my birthday. The party won't be affected without me for a few minutes, chill... You are being strange." Jungkook said, glaring at Taehyung at their unnecessary argument. Here they were in the middle of a party, arguing, instead of enjoying the night.

"You are my fiance, of course, it'll be different. People will notice your absence..."

Jungkook hearing that rolled his eyes and was about to say something when someone interrupted them.

"Trouble in paradise?"

Jungkook moved his vision from his fiance to the intruder, finally a distraction to their stupid argument.

Lee Soohyuk finally arrived with his legendary smirk on his face at Taehyung before he looked at Jungkook with a smile. "You look great tonight, Jeon..." Soohyuk complimented, eyeing Jungkook up and down.

"I'll go to the restroom," Jungkook announced before he left Taehyung with Soohyuk alone. He inwardly thanked Soohyuk, Taehyung's self-proclaimed eternal rival, for interrupting his and Taehyung's unnecessary argument and saved him from the drama.

Jungkook scoffed on his way to the "restroom". It was ironically funny to think about how Taehyung and Soohyuk couldn't get along when both of them were literally the same, stubborn.

Knowing Soohyuk and his blatant motto of life, "What I want, I got", it was easy to say that the man was stubborn. It was proved right when he kept coming back to Taehyung for his signature on the merger documents that Taehyung didn't need. Jungkook gotta clap for Soohyuk for never giving up, always hoping that one day Taehyung would change his mind and agreed to sign the documents even after the endless rejections he received from Taehyung. Knowing how equally stubborn of a person Taehyung was, once he said A, then A, and that's final. There was no one that could change his mind, except Jungkook.

Almost arriving at the restroom, Jungkook changed direction to the outside, smirking when he had the keys to his car. Earlier that night, Jungkook somehow convinced Taehyung to use his car and told the man that he wanted to drive. he didn't know that it could be handy later.

Whistling random song with the key twirling around his index finger, Jungkook entered his car and left the building for his phone.

Little did he know that there were two men that had been watching him from afar.

~o0o~

Jungkook had finally arrived at the restaurant he was sure as the place where he had left his phone behind the last time. Without so much care in the world, Jungkook exited his car without locking it and took his time to open the restaurant. The neighborhood was awfully quiet but then he looked at his watch only to shrug when it showed ten eleven.

He entered the restaurant unceremoniously after unlocking it, twirling the keys around his index finger out of habit, whistling yet random songs, and went his way to his locker.

"There you are..." Jungkook whispered when he finally spotted a phone with small carrots decorating the white phone case before he snatched it.

With a satisfied smile, Jungkook decided that it was time to go back to the ballroom. Taehyung must be looking for him at this point. When he was about to exit the restaurant, Jungkook looked up from his phone when he felt other presences. There were two bulky men who were wearing black from head to toe, completed with black hats and black maskers to hide their identities.

Jungkook smiled at the strangers. "I'm sorry but the restaurant is closed," he informed, trying to be positive and calm to the strangers that were awfully weird to be called as customers.