#21

Yoongi was already on his knees when he found Taehyung on the floor, his handsome face was hidden under his arms that were crossed on top of his folded knees, visibly shaking from a panic attack.

"Hey, Tae, look at me... You gotta get your shits together. You can't be like this, hey..." Yoongi tried as he took Taehyung's chin with his thumb and index fingers to make the younger look up only to find him crying silently.

Yoongi cursed inwardly as he had no clue how to handle someone with a panic attack.

"Soohyuk would love to see you in this condition. The best you can do is to act like nothing's happened."

"H-hyung..." Taehyung finally spoke with his trembling, hoarse voice. "I won't forgive myself if something were to happen to my Jungkookie..."

"No, don't say that. Look at me in the eyes..." Yoongi tried again and Taehyung did as he was told with slightly red and wet eyes.

"Trust me, Jungkookie will be okay. He will be okay..." Yoongi assured Taehyung as he tried to help Taehyung to stand up.

"While waiting for Jimin's next instruction, let's make you calm first. We don't want to give that Jerk the satisfaction of seeing you this miserable, do we?" Yoongi stood up to get Taehyung a glass of water to help the man to calm him down.

~o0o~

After a few minutes, Taehyung was calmed now. He would still lose in his own thoughts but overall, he was okay even though Yoongi couldn't help but notice that the man was still worried. Hell, everyone was worried.

Until suddenly, Yoongi's phone started vibrating to show that it was Jimin. "Yes,"

"Hyung, the Jerk seems to make a phone call. If he were to call Taehyung, tell him to answer the Jerk calmly. Don't let that motherfucker notice that he is panicking. Stay calm... I'll call you again if anything. Take care, hyung..."

"Will do, Jiminie. Please take care as well," Yoongi ended the phone call before he looked Taehyung in the eyes.

"Listen very carefully," Yoongi's speech was interrupted when Taehyung's phone vibrating, only to show that the Jerk himself was calling.

"Stay calm during the phone call, you know what I mean. You got this." Yoongi said, trusting Taehyung in handling his emotion. Taehyung nodded at that. Taking a deep breath, Taehyung finally picked the phone up. He put the phone into speaker mode so Yoongi could hear their conversations without forgetting to record the phone call.

"What do you want," Taehyung stated with finality in his voice.

Light-hearted laughter could he be heard from the other side of the line. "Where are you right now? I haven't seen you left before..."

"I'm at none of your business."

"Anyway! The time has finally come for me to give my promised gift, remember?"

Taehyung's eyes narrowed. "You can keep your precious gift to yourself."

"Hmm... Aren't you worried about your pretty fiancé? Oh! Now I get it! Are you in search of the Bunny boy that's why you are nowhere near sight?"

Taehyung gritted his teeth, as he clenched his fist his knuckles turned white. However, Yoongi was there to calm him down by massaging his tense muscle on his right shoulder. Taehyung closed his eyes after taking an intake deep of breath, touching the silver band that was hugging his ring finger, trying his best to not snap.

"And what about him?" Taehyung tried to sound as calm as possible but this time, Taehyung looked at Yoongi worriedly. Yoongi just nodded, indicating to the CEO that he's doing great in staying calm.

There was silence and Yoongi smirked. He was sure that Soohyuk didn't expect such a response. he was probably contemplating his choice of whether he was targeting the right person or not.

Yoongi scoffed when he heard an awkward cough from the other line, making his assumption about the Jerk to be true. He nodded in assurance at Taehyung who was now licking his lips out of habit when he was nervous.

"I'll see you at your office." Soohyuk ended the phone call without giving any answer nor waiting for Taehyung to respond.

"See, he has started to contemplating his life choices because he doesn't get the reaction he wants from you," Yoongi said, smirking.

"Hyung, I swear, if there is just one scratch on my Bunny's skin, I'll finish him off with my own two hands."

Yoongi was about to say that he didn't need to stain his own hands, but he nodded in agreement instead, because he too would make sure that the Jerk would suffer forever it would look like an accident.

TBC