#14

Taehyung clenched his jaw while his hands were holding the steering wheel a little bit too tight, his knuckles turned white. He received a report from Hoseok a few hours ago and he couldn't even stop thinking about it.

Apparently, a jerk of his rival had already made his move on Jungkook. The worst thing was, Taehyung had to be very careful to approach Jungkook about that matter if he didn't want Jungkook to know that he was spying him. If Jungkook were to know about Taehyung spying him, it's like he was saying that he didn't trust Jungkook enough, and that's the last thing he wanted for Jungkook to think about him. It's like, Taehyung was bringing his own apocalypse.

Not that he didn't trust Jungkook, well, it's practically the same, but the condition was different. If it's about trusting Jungkook about him being loyal, of course, Taehyung trusted him, but this was a different kind of "trust". It involved with Jungkook and his safety, and Jungkook was just one stubborn kid.

A little protection wouldn't hurt, right?

Now he was confused as to how to bring the topic about that jerk to Jungkook. He had no choice but to think of a way to approach Jungkook safely without exposing himself, but how?

"Kook?"

Taehyung finally spoke after they stopped under the red lights. Taehyung was the one driving while Jungkook was sitting on the passenger seat, playing with his phone with some random games that acquired his full attention to the screen.

"Hmm?" Jungkook hummed, eyes still glued on the screen, making Taehyung laughed at the display. Taehyung's adoration on the younger male was short-lived however after he remembered about the situation he was in. He was suddenly very nervous, his hands on the steering wheel started sweating.

"What do you think about opening your own restaurant?" Taehyung asked carefully with a steady voice just to hide his nervousness, hopefully, that Jungkook wouldn't notice.

It seemed that Jungkook lost the game purposely just so he could focus his attention on Taehyung, making the older of the two gulped.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, studying his man carefully after having his attention fully on him. "What are you blabbering about?"

Taehyung shrugged, eyes locked on the street ahead. He was afraid that if he were to look at Jungkook in the eyes, Jungkook would read him right away.

"I'm just... Thinking... If you have your own restaurant, you can actually set your time, when to open and when to close, however, and whenever you please. You can also be absent without asking for permission from anybody. You are the boss after all..."

"You are the only reason for my absences, anyway..." Jungkook commented, then continued to blabber about Taehyung screwing him senseless without so much care in the world until Jungkook couldn't even stand up because of that, thus the absences.

When Jungkook scoffed and proceeded to look back to his phone to start another game, Taehyung knew right away that Jungkook wasn't having that kind of conversation. Jungkook didn't think that the conversation was necessary.

"Jin hyung is a very good boss and he doesn't mind if I suddenly go missing from work for a couple of days only to return again and work like nothing's happened, so I'm good." Jungkook finally commented after the long pause.

Taehyung actually had to roll his eyes. "It's because I am the one who had to call him for your absence every single time."

"As I said, you are the reason for my absences, anyway. Why being so loud about it?"

Taehyung shouldn't have said the last sentence.

"You should've sat there and eaten your food," Jungkook said after rolling his eyes.

Taehyung didn't say anything after the traffic lights turned green.

~o0o~

Hobi was right, and Taehyung was in distress even more