Vol. 5

Pathos and Logos were fighting alone with seemingly no backup. And they seemed to be loosing.

~~Present day ~~

Pathos picked up Logos after the Dragon-boy threw him again.

"We're getting too old for this." Logos mumbled as Pathos healed him.

Pathos sighed, "trust me, I know."

The Dragon-boy roared, "You were the one that killed him!"

Pathos and Logos froze. The dragon could speak?

"Who did we kill?" Logos asked.

"Not you." The Dragon-boy glared at Pathos, "Him."

Pathos gulped, "M-me?"

"Yes, YOU!" The dragon lunged forward.

The two superheroes rolled out of the way, inches from razor sharp teeth. Pathos barely managed to dodge the dragons claws, then a blast of fire.

A dark blue low surrounded the dragon, pulling it back. The Dragon-boy roared furiously, struggling against Logos' telekinesis.

"I'll kill you!" The Dragon-boy screamed, "I'll avenge Deceit!"

Pathos froze. Logos telekinesis faltered. The villain surged forward again. There was a grey-silver blur and the dragon collapsed, shifting back into a young boy.

Sleep landed by Pathos, "he's asleep."

Pathos nodded, getting up and walking up to the boy on the ground. Logos was already there, rolling the boy to his back. Pathos knelt down by the boy, checking his health with his powers.

"He's a little beat up, but he's okay." Pathos said.

Logos nodded, "I'll take him home, you go pick up Prince and Storm."

"What happened to them?" Sleep asked.

"Storm got hurt and Prince was stuck with a fangirl." Pathos explained as they walked back to the hospital.

Sleep laughed lightly, "that's what Prince gets for showing off so much."

"Be nice." Pathos teased.

Sleep shrugged, "he's my brother, I'm allowed to jokingly talk shit about him."

"Language!" Pathos crossed his arms.

"Now Patt, don't be so hard on the kiddo." Dr. Picani chuckled, greeting them in the hallway.

"Picani!" Sleep smiled.

"Hey kiddo, wanna coffee?" Picani asked, handing the young teen a cup, "I bought an extra."

"Emile." Pathos sighed.

"Lighten up Patt." Emile smiled.

"Yeah, lighten up." Sleep grinned behind his coffee.

Pathos gave the boy a look that made him cower.

"Sorry." Sleep murmered into his cup.

Patton sighed, turning back to Emile, "do you know where Prince and Storm are?"

Emile nodded, "they're just down the hall."

"Thanks." Pathos smiled, giving his brother a quick hug.

Emile smiled, "seriousness doesn't suit you."

"Parenting three boys is tough." Pathos giggled, "especially this one."

The superhero nudged the coffee loving boy. Sleep blushed behind his mask and cup.

They said their goodbyes and went to Virgil's room.

"Hey kiddo," Patton said, taking off his mask as soon as the door closed.

"Hes asleep." Roman spoke up from the corner of the room.

Patton frowned, walking over to the boy, "are you okay Ro?"

"I don't know." Roman sighed, looking at the floor, "something just feels... weird."

"Maybe it was the girl talking about Dragon-Witches." Patton rubbed the boys back.

Roman shrugged, "maybe."

Patton hugged his second oldest son, "let's just get home. It's been a rough day."