Vol. 11

Remus ran out. Virgil was poisoned. Everything was falling apart.

~~Present day ~~

"Dad," Remy ran into the kitchen, "Virgil- Remus- help!"

"Rem, calm down, what's wrong?" Logan asked, gently holding his sons shoulders.

Remy took a shaky breath, "V-virgil got poisoned when he was fighting Remus and Remus ran off!"

Patton stiffened, "Lo, get Emile and find Remus, I'll see what I can do for Virge."

Logan nodded, quickly teleporting away. Patton and Remy ran to the living room.

"Virgil! Wake up!" Roman shouted, "he's not breathing!"

"Let me check him." Patton said, taking Virgil from Roman's arms.

Patton's eyes glowed blue as he scanned Virgil's body.

"His organs are shutting down." Patton's eyebrows knitted together, "I can't find the poison, I can only see the effects."

"W-what does that mean?" Roman asked.

Patton sighed as the light faded from his eyes, "I can heal him, but the poison will continue to hurt him. We either have to get an anti-venom or I'd  have to keep healing him until the poison is out of his system."

"How long would that take?" Remy whispered, afraid of the answer.

"I don't know." Patton said as Virgil was enveloped in a light blue glow.

Virgil groaned, shifting further into Patton's embrace. The father sighed.

"He'll be okay." Patton sighed.

"Huh?" Virgil mumbled, "w-wha's okay?"

Patton smiled down at the boy, "you're okay. How do you feel."

"Sick-sh." Virgil tucked his head in Patton's chest.

"As soon as Remus gets back we can fix that." Patton ran his fingers through Virgil's fading purple hair.

"Remus?" Virgil looked confused, "where-?"

"He panicked and ran off." Roman said, "when he clawed you when we were fighting, he poisoned you."

"But's not his fault?" Virgil whispered, "we're fightin', it happens."

"I know kiddo, but I don't think Remus has ever really fought anyone." Patton explained.

Virgil frowned, "stupid Deceit."

Roman snorted, "I think you need some rest Virge."

"That's true," Patton said, feeling Virgil's forehead, "You have a fever too."

Virgil groaned, letting his head fall onto Patton's chest, "I hate bein' sick."

"You'll be better soon kiddo." Patton smiled, "go to sleep, we'll keep you safe."