Vol. 19

Switches and caves. Trouble lurks just around the corner in an all too familiar place.

~~Present day ~~

"Woah! Is that a campfire!?" Remus asked, running up to the pit.

Patton giggled, "yeah? Why wouldn't it be?"

"Its red." Remus said, "my fire is green."

"That just because of your powers." Logan tossed another log in the fire.

"I wonder if it's hotter!" Remus grinned, sticking his hands in the fire.

"Remus!" Patton screamed, pulling the boy away from the fire, "oh my gosh! Are you okay!?"

"I'm fine." Remus said as Patton checked his hands, "why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Usually people get hurt when they stick their hands in fire." Remy said, readjusting his sunglasses.

"Oh." Remus shrugged, "weird."

Patton sat back heavily in his chair, giving the boy a tired smile, "why don't we not stick our hands in fire, okay kiddo?"

Remus nodded, "okay."

"And that goes for all of you." Logan looked at the boys, "mainly you Roman."

The dramatic boy scoffed, "Why me!?"

"Cause you're an idiot." Remy smirked, making Virgil laugh.

"I'm not an idiot!" Roman crossed his arms.

'Says the one who got caught in his costume by a fangirl.' Virgil signed with a smirk.

"Wait, what?" Patton laughed.

Roman groaned, slipping out if his chair to lay on the ground. Moments later he was trampled by Fish. Everyone laughed.

Suddenly, Remus gasped, "Can we go explore the cave now!?"

Patton chuckled, "sure kiddo, just be careful."

"Yes!" Remus cheered, "let's go!"

Roman smiled and gently pushed Fish off, running after his twin. Virgil laughed and dragged Remy after them.

"This is so cool!" Remus laughed, running into the cave.

"Its huge!" Roman yelled, making an echo.

"That's what she said." Virgil muttered quietly.

Remy raised his eyebrows, "ooooh!"

Roman glared at his brothers.

Remus giggled, flying up to the ceiling, "hey! Look at this!"

Roman picked up Remy and Virgil and flew them up to the ceiling next to Remus.

"It looks like a switch?" Remy said.

"Should we mess with it?" Roman asked.

"I don't-" Virgil was cut off by a click.

Remus's hand was covering the switch.

"I'm so sorry I just lost my balance I-" Remus rushed out.

"Its okay, nothing seems to have happened." Roman chuckled, "I think we're-"

A loud rumble echoed through the cave. The boys froze, hovering midair. A crack. Another crack.

The ceiling fell.