Vol. 9

T.W.: panic attack

Remus was about to meet the family. How would they react to him? How would he react to them?

~~Present day ~~

Patton looked up at the stairs as two boys came down. Fish's head shot up. The dog ran to the stairs, his tail wagging.

"What the-!" Remus shouted, jumping and hovering in the air.

Roman laughed, petting the brown furball. Patton smiled, walking up to the boys.

"You okay there kiddo?" Patton asked.

"Wh-what is that!?" Remus yelled, pressed up against the ceiling.

"This is Fish. He's our emotional support dog, in training." Roman smiled.

Remus still looked wary, but he slowly sank down to the floor. Fish went up and started sniffing the boy. Remus slowly reached down to pet the dog, who started licking his hand.

Patton smiled at the interaction, "Do you want to meet everyone?"

Remus nodded, keeping a hand on the dog, "yeah."

Patton lead the two boys and the dog out to the living room.

Logan looked up and smiled, "Salutations, I'm Logan, Patton's husband."

"I'm Patton." The glasses wearing superhero giggled.

"I'm Remy." The boy said from the couch, sipping his coffee.

Patton walked over to Virgil, placing a hand on his shoulder, "this is Virgil."

Remus smiled, "I'm Remus."

"Its nice to meet you Remus." Logan said, "I hope you decide to stay for a while."

"You mean I could leave if I wanted?" Remus asked.

"Of course kiddo," Patton said, "You aren't in prison or anything."

"Deceit never let me leave." Remus ducked his head.

Patton hugged the boy, "I'm so sorry. That sounds awful."

"Um, y-yeah," Remus tensed as the elder wrapped his arms around him, "w-what are you doing?"

Patton pulled away, "I'm hugging you. Have you ever been hugged?"

Remus shook his head.

"That's it, I'm making cookies." Patton said, running to the kitchen.

"Patton no!" Logan warned, following him, "You made three batches yesterday, we don't need any more!"

"We always need more cookies Lo!" Patton yelled.

Roman chuckled and sat down next to Remy, "so how was school Rem?"

"Boring." Remy rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses.

Remus watched from the stairs, still petting Fish. Virgil noticed and waved him over.

Remus walked over, "So, um, sorry for trying to kill everyone."

"Its fine." Remy shrugged, "can we ask what it was like with Deceit?"

Remus nodded and sat down, "well, I was alone with just my thoughts and the rats most of the time. Deceit would show up to feed me and make me train my powers. He said I was his successor. What was it like for you?"

"Dark." Remy whispered, "so dark all the time."

Roman shivered, "Cold. And cramped."

"Painful." Virgil whimpered quietly, "so so painful. A-and q-quiet."

Virgil started shaking, "I couldn't do anything. I couldn't talk, why can't I talk!"

"Virge!" Roman rushed over, trying to comfort his brother, "Virgil just breathe. You can talk, it's okay. You're okay Virge."

Virgil curled up in Roman's arms, crying softly. Remus watched, unsure of what to do. Remy sighed.

"Deceit really messed us up." Remy whispered to Remus, "it's... hard to talk about."

"Virgil!" Roman yelled suddenly, holding an unconscious Virgil.

"What happened?!" Remy asked, rushing to his brothers side.

"I-I don't know!" Roman ran his fingers through his hair, "He just won't wake up!"

"Its my fault." Remus looked at his hands.

"What do you mean?" Roman asked.

"I have poison in my claws." Remus admitted, "You two were the ones who tried to stop me and I hurt him."

"We can talk about that later!" Roman yelled, "how do we stop it!?"

Remus looked at his twin with years in his eyes, "I don't know."