Vol. 12

T.W.: mild gore

Logan and Emile started to search  for Remus. They were not prepared for what they would find.

~~Present day ~~

"This way!" Emile called.

They had been following the sound of laughter, running through the forest. Logan could see a clearing up ahead. The two stopped at the edge of the clearing.

Remus was standing in the middle of the grass. One arm was wrapped around his stomach, the other hanging by his side, long black claws on each fingertip. He kept laughing, saying on his feet.

"Remus?" Logan asked, slowly walking up to the boy.

Remus's head shot up, staring at Logan with crazed, wide eyes. Logan glanced at Emile, who nodded.

"We're not going to hurt you." Logan said, taking another few steps.

Remus giggled as Logan steadily came closer. He was an arm length away when Remus lunged forward. Logan jumped back, easily dodging the attack. The superhero used his telekinesis to still the boy.

"Emile, can you put him to sleep?" Logan asked, holding the struggling boy with his powers.

Emile nodded, walking behind Remus, "hold him still."

The counselors hand glowed pink as he raised it to the boys head. Remus fell into a deep sleep, only being held up by Logan's powers.

"Lo, he's bleeding." Emile said, lowering Remus to the ground.

Logan walked over as Emile lifted Remus's arm off his stomach. He gasped. Emile almost retched.

Remus's lower abdomin looked like a two year old dissected it. Dirt and blood and organs spilled out of the shredded skin.

"Oh shit." Logan whispered, "what happened?"

"We have to get him to Patt." Emile choked out.

Logan nodded, "he's not stable enough to teleport. We'll have to walk."

"That would take too long." Emile sighed.

"Teleporting could kill him!" Logan argued.

"Cabbages!" Emile shook his head, "what of you bring Patt back here?"

Logan nodded, "yes, that would work!"

"Then go!" Emile gave him a small smile.

Logan snapped and teleported to the living room.

"Lo?" Patton asked, walking down the stairs, "did you find Remus?"

Logan nodded, "he's in bad shape, we can't move him."

"Let go then." Patton said.

Logan teleported them back. He heard Patton gasp at the state Remus was in.

"What happened?!" Patton asked, immediately starting to heal the boy.

Emile shook his head, "We don't know. We found him like this."

Patton sighed, holding his head as he healed, "first Virgil, now Remus..."

"Is Virgil okay?" Logan asked.

"He's fine for now." Patton said, "I-I couldn't find the poison, but it'still there."

"Are you okay?" Emile asked, "you're starting to slur your words."

"I'm fine." Patton insisted, focusing on healing Remus.

"Patt," Logan placed his hands on his husband's shoulders, "how much energy did you spend healing Virgil? And me before that?"

"'M fine." Patton sighed.

Emile took his brothers hands, "Stop. Remus is healed enough to live. You need rest."

Patton sighed, letting the glow fade from his hands. He slumped back against Logan.

"Let's go home now." Patton whispered.

Logan snapped and teleported all of them back home.