Vol. 8

Remus's world had just come crashing down on him. He didn't know what to think. And things just kept getting more strange to him.

~~Present day ~~

Remus sat on the bed, still trying to process everything.

His brother was alive.

Deceit had killed and tortured.

Pathos wasn't a killer.

He could have a real family...

Remus looked up as the door opened. Roman walked in with a plate and a glass of water.

"Hey," Roman said, "I got you some food."

Remus nodded as he took the plate, "is this what pizza is?"

Roman smiled and sat down beside his brother, "yep."

"Does it hurt to throw up?" Remus asked.

Roman grew very concerned, "what do you mean?"

"Everything Deceit fed me I threw up again." Remus explained, "some hurt more than others. Deodorant was the easiest to come back up."

Roman jaw dropped, "Deceit fed you deodorant!?"

Remus looked at Roman like he was crazy, "yeah? Don't you eat deodorant?"

"No!" Roman exclaimed, "that's literally poison! How are you still alive!?"

Remus shrugged, "whenever Deceit wasn't there I would eat the bugs. He came every morning to give me stuff to eat."

"Remus," Roman sighed, "that's really not healthy."

"Oh." The boy looked down at his plate.

Roman put a hand on his brothers shoulder, "the pizza shouldn't make you throw up."

Remus nodded and picked up a slice, "okay."

The boy bot into the pizza, his eyes widening in delight.

"This tastes amazing!" Remus yelled, his mouth still full of pizza.

Roman chuckled, "chew and swallow your food before you talk. You'll choke if you don't."

Remus nodded, quickly eating the first slice. The boy downed the water and the few garlic knots that were left on his plate.

Roman smiled, "are you ready to go downstairs and officially meet everyone?"

Remus took a deep breath, "I don't know. Shouldn't they hate me? I tried to kill Pathos."

"Trust me, they're all about second chances." Roman rolled his eyes.

Remus smiled softly, "then, I guess I'll try."

Roman grinned widely, "fantastic! Let's go!"