Vol. 28

The end is in sight. It's been a lovely journey, but it's time to start wrapping it up.

~~Present day ~~

Dee giggled as the twins fought over the first slice of cake. Today was their eighteenth birthday birthday.

"Okay kiddos, break it up." Patton laughed, "Lo, can you help us out here?"

Logan smiled and used his telekinesis to hold the boys apart, "settle down, you're adults now."

Roman crossed his arms, "fine."

Remus stuck his tongue out, flipping off his twin.

"Remus!" Patton scolded as Remy and Virgil chuckled.

The Dragon-boy sighed, "fine. Sorry."

"Good." Patton nodded, "and because of that, Roman gets the first slice of cake."

"What!?" Remus whined as Logan set them down.

Roman laughed, "yes!"

"But, to be fair, Remus gets to open the first present." Logan smirked.

"Really!?" Remus grinned.

Roman shrugged, his mouth full of cake, "that's fair."

Virgil rolled his eyes, picking up two large gifts, "there's one for each of you. We pooled all our money for these."

"Oh?" Remus tilted his head, shoveling cake into his mouth.

"Who knew good quality battle stuff could be so expensive!" Remy said, "especially when their customised!"

"Remy! You're gonna give it away!" Dee cried.

Logan chuckled, "You can open it now Ree."

"Oh goodie!" Remus smiled widely, taking the gift handed to him.

The boy tore off the wrapping and gasped.

"You got me a mace!?" Remus smiled, tears welling up in his eyes.

Logan chuckled, "technically it's called a morning star."

"Its awesome!" Remus smiled widely, swinging around the green handled mace.

"Calm down there kiddo." Patton laughed, handing Roman his gift, "we don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Is this a sword!" Roman gasped, jumping up and holding the red hilt.

"Yep." Virgil smirked.

"That's so cool!" Dee squealed.

The twins looked at each other, a mischievous smile appearing on both their faces.

"Training fight?" Remus grinned.

"Or, we could-" Logan started.

Roman smiled, "training fight!"