The argument and arrangement

Percy's POV:

 This room had no cameras, no microphones, no access to the Avengers team. I stood in front of Nick, my side to the door as we argued.

"It's not up for discussion." Nick stated. I half-heartedly glared at him.

"Why should I do this? I don't even know them!" I protested. He returned the glare.

"Don't pretend to not know your behaviour. You've been affected by what happened more than either of us realise." Nick retorted. I looked away, turning to the side of him. "Percy, do this. I need you safe."

"Nick, I know the house was destroyed but you won't even let me live with you somewhere else. Why do I have to stay with that self-centred billionaire?" I questioned in a loud voice, annoyed to the brim.

"It would be easier for all of us. I know this is a work team but they're a family to each other, so they could help you." Nick turned to stand in front of me. "It's not forever, but if you're not going back to camp then I need you somewhere safe. This place is guarded with some of the best technology in history." I glared at him again.

"I'm a half-blood Nick. Technology attracts monsters!" I said. He sighed. "That's another reason not to live with them. I can't let them find out who I really am."

"Percy, just do it! I'm not risking losing you!" he yelled. I walked away, facing the wall. "I lost her, Perce. I'm not going to lose you too." I softened my expression, looking at him with teary eyes.

"How long do I have to stay there?" I asked, taking the idea of it in.

"A year at most. You'll be at school most of the time anyway." Nick promised.

"You sure this is my only option?" I asked unenthusiastically. He nodded; arms crossed. "Fine. But one thing goes wrong and I'm out."

"Deal." He said, then I outstretched my hand. He took it but pulled me in for a hug instead. Up until now I didn't realise how much I needed one. I longed to fall asleep like that, in his arms. Like a child in his dad's arms, the safe feeling of it was something I rarely felt.

Nick pulled apart unwillingly. "I've asked Stark, to which he agreed. The rest of team don't know yet." He explained. "You go ahead to the 54th floor and I'll let them know." 54th floor? We're only on the 17th and I'm nervous that Zeus will strike me down.

"What will you say?" I ask. he grunts in thought.

"'Agent Jackson will be staying here to live a normal life for the time of a year. If problems occur, then report back to me.' Sound good?" I chuckled.

"Good enough." I informed. I ran out the conference room and past another where they all were. I didn't even stop to talk to them, Stark waved. I walked straight past them and to the stairs, next to it was a lift. I chose the stairs. Since – well since what happened after I came out the doors, I couldn't bear to go in a lift anymore. It brought back the worst memories.

I got up the stairs to the 54th floor with no notice of being out of breath. I was fine, oddly. I didn't know where to go or if I should wait. Not like I want to talk to them, but I had nothing else to do. I went to the sofas and sat down, getting out a monster proof phone, a prototype anyway. Leo was nearly finished with the final design, making it both monster proof and non-hackable. Hopefully, he finished the non-hackable part.

I looked through pictures on my phone of us all. since it was given to me as I arrived on the Argo 2, I only had photos from our quest and onwards. It was all of the 7, and a few others at times. Along with photos, I had many videos of us messing around, then that one video that made me happy but also deeply sad at the same time. I wanted to watch it; I was going to –

Ding!

I hear the lift open. A group of people come in. A girl with red hair, a man who I saw before my quest – Stark I guessed. A teenage boy a few years younger than me in jeans and a cyan blue hoodie with a school logo on it. A man with blonde hair and blue eyes, a shirt too tight for him – he looked like Jason but older. That thought made me feel down inside. A brunette girl with a red jacket stood next to a man with red skin and a jewel in his head. Finally, I saw Clint Barton, I'd met him once – well 'met' as in he shot me with an arrow, but I had iron skin back then.

They all stood there, so I raised a brow. Then I looked back at my phone in ignorance. Stark sighed.

"Well this'll be something." He mumbled quietly to his friend. "Perseus, is it?" My head snapped up.

"It's Percy." I corrected. He frowned but didn't question it.

"Alright Percy. I'm guessing you know our names so no need for – "

"I actually don't." I said, causing him to blink in surprise. "I don't know who you guys are." My statement was quite clear, but Stark was still baffled at my answer.

"Seriously? What rock have you been living under?"

"A large one." I replied, looking back at my phone. I stared at a photo of the 7. I held Annabeth's hand and looked into her eyes without her noticing it. Nico opted out and took the photo. "I was out of the country for a while."

"I recall you mentioning that." Jason lookalike said. "From the meeting you interrupted." He focused on interrupted. Who the Hades does he think he is? I mean what is he trying to do? Provoke me?

"Well?" Then introductions were said. Honestly, I tried to listen, I really did ... okay no I didn't. I remember some of their names. Stark told me which room I would be staying in, so I went there. I wasn't in the mood to talk to them.

Clint: Agent Jackson? Him again? I'd gotten on his bad side a long while ago, likely a year. I can't get the idea of him living with us. He and Fury must've been in business for a while, I wonder how well trained he is. Maybe he's been trained since he was young, he looked like it. Percy was scary looking, he had sea green eyes which held a wolf glare. And the look on our faces must've looked ridiculous when we discovered he hadn't heard of the Avengers before. He had dark hair; a grey chunk kept mostly hidden. He was tanned and had a pure New York accent. I couldn't shake the feeling that he was more than a SHEILD agent. In fact, I was pretty sure I'd never heard of him from anyone before, not until Fury. Who was this kid?

Ohhhh, double post in a row!! Don't say I don't treat you.

What sort of music are you into? I personally vary between Rock, Pop, Alternative and Indie.