Scars, secrets and late-night chats

Since you darlings are loving this story {And a little demanding that I update, jk ly} I have decided to update today instead of tomorrow. 

...also I'm going out tomorrow and will forget bUT that's beside the point!

Thank you darlings for all the comments, they make me so happy and motivated. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy: I hesitated. For a while. "This is the last thing?" I asked, unsure.

"Yeah, this is it. No more questions or tests. After this, you're free to go." Banner promised. No more questions? Sure, Bruce.

I pulled my shirt over my head and heard him gasp. A full-on gasp. The look of regret filled my eyes, but I waited. Bruce regained himself from the shock.

"Who did this to you?!" the voice was angry, but it wasn't Bruce's voice. The other avengers came in the room in pure shock and worry. Steve was the one who spoke. "Who did this!" why were they so angry? It's not like we're friends.

"No more questions, remember," I said slightly losing my voice on the last word. They didn't seem to care about that. I remained silent and waited.

"Percy who did that?" Clint asked. the fact that half my DNA was forgotten, they all wanted to know who hurt me. I had many unhealed scars and bones. Nectar and Ambrosia can only do so much.

"Are you going to finish?" I asked Bruce, now ignoring the others. He was too stunned.

"Percy – "Bruce began but I sighed.

"You all have scars, so do I. Why does it matter who did these to me so much?" I said, truly annoyed with their prying. I didn't let them answer as I stood and walked out of his lab and to my room.

Time skip

I don't know what came over me. I sat in the lounge with the others and eat nothing but joined in with their chats as nothing happened.

Peter was the least nervous around me. he didn't seem to mind nor care about what's been going on. I got catchup homework from him since I took the day off. "so, how did you get involved with SHIELD?" Peter asked quietly. He knew I wasn't a SHIELD agent already, the others didn't. "You seem to know director Fury very well. How'd you meet?" I shrugged.

"My mom was murdered when I was 12. I met Nick shortly after that and he got me working for him. Little jobs and training." I said, not fully lying. It was mostly true; I just didn't mention that Nick adopted me or that I work with him, not for him. "I'm not a proper SHIELD agent but I'm still involved and in-the-know for most things."

Peter nodded in understanding. "Like how you've read all our files?" this time I nodded. "When did Fury let you call him by his first name?" I twisted my ring.

"Since always. I sorta began calling him that when we first met, and he never bothered to correct me. Not that I'd change it anyway." I answered. I felt the other's eyes on me. I didn't like that one bit. Peter looked like he understood what I meant. He also saw their stares and looked down. I got out my phone and went through messages from demigods. Clarisse was the main contact. I'd tried calling and messaging Nico and Leo but had no such luck. Will was worried and asked constantly if I had any updates on the matter which I replied no. I had an empty group chat names the seven, but nobody chats on it anymore since I and Leo are the only ones left. I scanned the messages of memes, odd questions, confusing gibberish and plenty of other texts that brought smiles to my face. It was small but it was there.

I couldn't look at our individual texts. During the night where we all messaged each other. I'd text Jason or Frank for advice, Piper and Hazel for updates or small chats. Hazel never understood what the point of the phone was, but she got the hang of it.

I had a new text from Clarisse. "How're things going?" she asked.

"Not the best," I replied. "Struggling with the past. What about you?" my phone language was changed to Ancient Greek for my benefit. Hers too probably.

"nothing new. I'm holding my own." Clarisse replied instantly. Good, she's active. "It's dinner time but I needed a break from people. Good to have someone like you to talk to." She sounded stressed.

"Same here." the messages stopped for a moment before she replied "good. Why aren't you at dinner? Or is it different where you are?"

"I don't eat too much nowadays. Had something already but we're all just watching TV and talking." I said, typing fast.

"Liar. You should eat but don't threat, I've gotten pickier with that lately too." Clarisse says. I notice Peter looking at my phone, but he can't read Greek, so he frowns at the screen instead. "Where are you anyway? Some secret base?" Yep, that's right. Clarisse knew who my dad was and thanks to Aphrodite cabin she knows who the avengers are. Clarisse is a big fan of Black Widow. Do I tell her?

"Dad sent me to stay with the Avengers at Stark Tower. I'm with them now watching GoT." I reluctantly said to her. "Figured you'd be mad for me leaving so soon."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed at you for leaving without me. sneaking out no less from the infirmary but I know why you did. I considered it for some time but there nowhere for me to go."

"What about school?" I ask.

"Retaking a year at this school in Midtown. After that year I've got a free track to college in Arizona." Clarisse clarified.

"that's great news! Which school?" I asked, knowing which one. There are not many schools in Midtown. I waited for her reply when a plate of food was put on my lap. Natasha gave me a stern look and told me to eat something.

My eyes cast to Peter. "Hey, is there anybody at our school called Clarisse La Rue?" I asked unwillingly. Peter's eyes went wide but only by a small amount. I noticed the others sending looks to me, so I began eating the slice of pizza, taking small bites. Peter nodded.

"She's a year above us. Big mean scary girl, that one?" Peter said. I smirked.

"That's Clarisse alright." I murmured.

"You know her?" his voice was mildly shocked. I gave a small nod, taking another bite of pizza. I mildly glared at the other avengers when they continued to stare and wait for me to finish my food. I saw sweat trickle down the faces of Tony and Bruce. Was I that scary?

"She's an old friend," I muttered, now annoyed with the others but toning it down to talk to Peter kindly as possible. "Texting her now. She mentioned another school, so I thought I'd ask."

"That's who you're texting?" I nodded. My eyes cast to the phone screen and with one hand on the phone and the other holding pizza I looked at her reply. She did indeed attend Midtown High. I didn't tell her I did, not yet anyway. She'll be so angry when she finally sees me there.

"I should go. people are coming for the game of capture the flag. Call you later?" Clarisse said.

"Sure, anytime," I replied and turned the phone off. I had a few worried messages from the Stolls, other campers who I was friends with. A small few had phones now since Leo left his prototype specs in bunker nine and his siblings continued his work. it was good to know I could keep in touch now. 

Me gawd this chapter makes me so happy. I personally love Clarisse and fully stan her and i think that after all that has happened, her and Percy would've put aside their rivalry and become friends. 

And yes, she will be a big part of the story. Lemme do my thing.

Thank you for 13K reads!! All your votes, comments and reads make me ecstatic! 

I told my two {And practically only} mates about it and they were so thrilled too.