Birthday celebrations and phone call fun

Oh meh gawd this chapter isn't named!!!! Foook

IT'S HALLOWEEN BITCHES

Natasha: Percy was close to having a flashback, too close. I never noticed it until Tony pointed it out. Peter was doing his best to keep Percy talking about good things, catching his attention when he drifted off. We think that's why he took away Tony's drink. Something about it could've triggered it.

That continued until Percy was getting worse. "If this carries on, he'll fall into one," I whispered to Tony swiftly.

The lift suddenly dinged open. Agent Coulson came in and all our heads turned to see him, even Percy's who was grinning weakly. He had a bag that he tossed to Percy. In Coulson's other hand was a box, inside was a blue cake. Percy wasn't fully recovered from his near flashback but was pushing through it.

"Agent Coulson, what brings you here?" Steve asked. Percy shook his head at Coulson for some reason.

"Just dropping off these." He said cryptically. He put down the box on the table. It was a blue iced cake that had the words Happy Birthday written on it. Percy looked down with a red face, he sunk deeper into the sofa with embarrassment.

"Di immortals" I heard him mutter quietly. He held the bag tightly, not looking in just yet. "You're worse than Clarisse with today." Agent Coulson chuckled.

"Is that so?" He kids. He frowned, remembering something. "Isn't she the one who threw an axe at you when you were 13?" Our eyes widened as we all looked at Percy. An axe?!

Percy pressed his lips together. "That was one time." Coulson arched a brow. "Okay, twice." Coulson just shook his head playfully.

"Sorry to intrude. Enjoy the cake!" Then Coulson turns and leaves.

We all look at Percy while he sinks into the sofa, dying of embarrassment. The others and I came to the realisation that it was his birthday, and he wasn't happy about it.

"Why wouldn't you tell us it was your birthday?" I ask, wanting answers. He glances up weakly.

"Didn't think it would matter." His eyes fixed on the cake as though thinking, I guess it did to someone. I decided not to comment.

Unwillingly, we all felt pity for the boy. He has no family to celebrate his birthday, therefor a SHIELD agent had to bring him a present and cake. He was so upset about being alone on his birthday that he couldn't talk to us about it. in his eyes, we're strangers still. He seemed to be thinking about good things now, then dropped his head.

"Well, it does matter." Tony decided happily. He got the cake out and Clint went to get a knife and plates. I didn't see it directly, but Percy was smiling a little. 

Time skip

An hour passed until it reached 11 pm. Peter had gone home, but the others were still awake. We were playing board games, a movie playing in the background mildly. Percy wouldn't take part in the games still, but he joked and joined in with conversations. The cake was great, we even sang the cringy Happy Birthday song for him. I could feel his playful and half-hearted glare, but he blew out the candles like we were a family. in a way we were. Tony eventually headed to bed (with the reminder from his AI-first of course) then it was Clint, Steve and then me. I looked back at Percy who was heading back to his room, or so I thought. He went to the stairs instead, so I decided to follow him.

Percy ended up in the gym and started punching a bag until it broke. He got out another and did that until his phone rang. Percy answered it and asked the AI to project it on the wall. It was a video chat. 

"Kelp head!" someone with blonde hair called. A group of people were outside by a campfire. Many called his name or a nickname.

"Guys? It's late, what are you – "

"You seriously think we'd forget? We know this day has a lot of meaning but it's still your birthday." Someone butted in. was these his friends? I saw that girl from the shopping day trip too. Clarisse was her name.

"Yeah kid, we'd never forget this." A boy with shoulder-length hair and serpent green eyes smirked. He looked like Percy's age but still called him a kid.

"How's it going Silver tongue?" Percy says playfully. His voice isn't too loud, but it's clear enough.

"Good here. I think the fishes miss you," He says with sarcasm I didn't understand. Fishes? Percy laughs happily.

"Well, I'll make sure to jump in the lake when I next visit." The others exchange looks. "Not soon guys, sorry. I'm really busy right now and still searching." For who? Who's he looking for? 

"We get it Perce. Where exactly are you though?" a boy said.

His brother then butted in before Percy could reply. "Yeah, I know that agent guy Nick has you kept busy but where? That looks like a gym."

"It is a gym Travis." Percy clears up. "You know the drill guys, I can't tell you where Nick sends me."

"But Clarisse knows!" a little girl complained. "And so, does Luka!" she pointed to the boy with green eyes and black hair who Percy called Silver tongue.

"Clarisse knows because she can keep it a secret. If there's an emergency then she'll be the one to get me, understand?" Nods went around. "And Luka knows because he's able to figure it out." A horn sounded loudly on their side.

"Lights out halflings!" someone called. Another teen. "You know the rules, get to bed!" they said their goodbyes and the call ended.

I went to my room and slept with those questions running around in my head. The main one being, what the hell?

Halloween isn't widely celebrated in the area where I live (UK/England) but I still love celebrating it. I had so much stress at school though so I did barely anything. 

My sister went out with her friends and some kids (we call them chavs) were setting fireworks at the near park so her mate called the police. 

This is a really happy chapter. Percy is getting a little break from smadness. You'll hate me for the next chapter though, sorry in advance!