Cupcakes, hoping and beatings

God, I'm in such a irritable mood.

Percy: 

"Welcome cupcakes! In you come, take a seat!" Coach yelled. "Time for laps!" groans followed. I walked in, he spotted me with a grin. "Still here? Anyone else?"

"There's hope for Valdez." I said smiling. He gave me a pat on the back as I continued to walk. Laps were great, I managed a few miles. The others were sweating while I was just getting warmed up.

"You should – "Peter gasped out as he leaned down to catch his breath. "Train with S-Steve." He fell onto the ground, causing me to laugh. Coach was grinning at me.

"What?" I asked, looking around in case he was smiling at someone else. he just shook his head.

"Nothing Jackson. Well done." Hedge said. I shrugged it off and sat on the floor calmly since everyone else was doing that from exhaustion. Peter and his friend were both nice. I realised something.

"You know he's Spider-Man, don't you?" I said to Ned. Both went wide eyed. I was quiet but you could never be too sure.

"How did you know I was – "Peter began but I cut him off with a wave.

"I read your file." I said absent-mindedly. I noticed others were not even listening, so I don't get why they're so nervous. "so, I'm right. You know?" Ned nodded. Coach tapped my shoulder and handed me a letter in an envelope. I frowned until I looked at the front. Seaweed Brain. It said.

"She gave it to me, knowing I was traveling somewhere safe." He said. "You left so quickly I never got the chance to give it to you." I mouthed a thanks, staring at it. Peter and Ned were waiting but I put it in my bag. I'd open that when I'm alone. The rest of classes were long and time consuming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By lunch the issues started. There's this boy who's been giving me puppy-like glares. It happens mainly when I get called on and answer correctly. Again, when Coach praised me, or when Malcom gave me that book. I hadn't eaten anything, not that I wanted their food anyway. I sat outside, alone from anyone else. then that boy came up to me, he pinned me to the wall. I made no attempt to fight back. I can't let mortals find out. He glared at me; it wasn't scary whatsoever.

"You're in trouble, punk." He spat. I arched a single brow at him. He punched me; blood came out my mouth. My lip was throbbing with pain within seconds.

"And your name is?" I say while standing up, only to get a kick to the gut. I wrapped a hand around my stomach and closed my eyes.

"Flash Thompson. Where'd the school dig you up from?" He says, his friends laugh. Including him, there's at least 4. He pulled my up by my collar and got someone to hold me there. he kicked me where the sun doesn't shine. I made a noise that sounded so hilarious that if I wasn't in pain I'd laugh.

"He's probably some loser they found on the street." someone laughed.

"Abandoned and alone. No friends to save you." another joked. that Flash kid punched my jaw again. the bell rang loudly in my ringing ears. they let me go and ran. I laid down on the floor, taking a breath.

"Lovely first day." Imutter while getting up and heading to my next class with my hood up to hidethe injuries. 

Just adding this here. The letter from Annabeth won't be mentioned for a long while but it will be a big part near the end of the story. 

Also can I murder this bitch in my class? Is that allowed?