Weponized

I'm awake. And apparently not alone. Wait I didn't have sex last night?! So why the hell is someone spooning me.
Oh shit.

"Brett." I mumbled and he woke up. "What?" He asked annoyed.

"We're spooning." I whispered and he got of me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to." He apologised and I sighed.

"Its fine." I smiled and I walked over to him to see him sweating. I walked over to him and felt his head. It felt really hot.

"Brett are you feeling okay?" I asked and he shook his head. "I'm really cold." He said and I looked at him confused. "You have a fever? But you can't." I told him and he nodded.

I grabbed a blanket and wrapped him up. "Brett are you okay?" I asked. "I don't feel well." He groaned and I sighed.

"I'll call Deaton." I told him and he nodded.

"Deaton, why has Brett got a fever?" I asked over the phone.

"Ariel you need to get him to his house. He's been infected from a virus that could kill him it starts with a fever but then he can't control it." Deaton told me over the phone.

I looked back at Brett and I saw him starting to shift. "Yep that's deffintly happening." I told Deaton over the phone.

"When you get to his house there will be a jar of reshi mushrooms. Find it and feed it him." Deaton instructed me.

"Got it Doc." I cut the phone of and I looked at Brett. "Brett your going to have to help me." I told and he stood up as he flung his claws out.

"Ariel go! I don't want to hurt you!" He roared and I shook my head. "I'm not leaving. And I'm not letting you die." I said grabbing him.
"This is what I get for a first date huh?"
Muttering to myself as he slung his weight over me leaving the lake house hoping he didn't hear my words.

I left the lake house and got Brett in the car. I sat in and started to speed. "Brett I need help. I need to know where you live." I told him and he nodded.

"Keep going straight. Go straight through the woods." He instructed and I nodded.

I saw a huge mansion and I helped Brett out. "Ariel I can't see." He told me and I rushed him in. "Hold on Brett!" I shouted and looked for a jar of mushrooms searching for a jar of something.

Finding a shelf seeing the labelled mushroom I sprinted to it gripping it tightly.

I ran up to him as he lay on the couch with his eyes closed. "Don't die on me Talbot." I said and I opened his mouth and opened tried opening the jar of mushrooms.

"Come on! Come on Ariel. You can do this!" I shouted and I saw my grandmother.

"Ariel you can do this. Your a strong girl." She said and I nodded twisted the jar and opened it I took at the mushrooms and I put it in Brett's mouth. "Come on Brett chew." I mumbled and I saw him chew the mushrooms.

"Thankyou." He smiled and I sighed in relief. I looked back to see my grandmother smiling.

He sat up and I sat with him looking down. I could tell Brett was staring at me. He leaned in to place a soft kiss on my lips.

I kissed him back. Damn. He was a good kisser. My phone started to wring and I looked at to see that Lydia was calling me. "Hey Lyds." I said over the phone.

"You might want to come the the school." She said and I looked up from my phone.

"I need to go." I told Brett and he nodded but before I got up he clasped onto my hand. "How was that for a first date."

Immediate regret hit me as I cringed shaking my head. "You heard that?!"
"I'll see you later Martin."

~

Racing out of the school I ran to where I could see mum standing next to Lydia pulling them both in my arms.
"I heard about the deasese." I sighed and she nodded. "I'm okay." She smiled and I nodded. I saw Lydia smiling and I smiled back.

"I saw a pizza box in the lake house. Did you even think about cleaning up?" She raised her eyebrow and i sighed.

"I saw her. I saw grandma." I whispered and she gave a small smile.

***************

I heard stones being thrown at my window. I opened the window to see Brett standing there. "Can I come up?" He asked and I bit my lip nodding hating myself about what I was probably thinking about doing.

He climbed up and I helped him in. "Just so you know I'm not gonna let my self be played by You." I smiled.

He towered over me his head leaning down with a grin on his lips.

"You still think I'm a player." He sighed and I nodded. "How do I prove to you I'm not?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow.

"We had one make out session, I barely know you. And now you want to prove to me that you're not a player. I've known you twenty for hours sweetheart." I patted his chest rolling my eyes at him.

But the silence grew louder as he was still waiting for his answer.

"You could start by saying thankyou for saving my ass two times." I grinned folding my arms.

"Thankyou for saving my ass. Two times." He sighed and I smirked.

"I'm not buying it." I smiled. "You play hard to get don't you." He smirked and I nodded.

"By the way your welcome." I wrapped hands around his neck. He stared down at my lips and I stared in his icy blue eyes. He leaned in and placed a soft passionate kiss on my lips.

"I'm convinced." I bit my lip and he chuckled. "I'm gonna go. Satomi wants to know where I am to make sure I'm not dead." He said.

"You know your worth a million I could kill you myself any time." I grinned and he looked up.

"You wouldn't do that. But at least I know that you can defend your self." He looked down at my eyes.

"Time to go." I smiled. Patting his chest. "I need my rest." I said lying in my bed.