*The Rivals*

"We have a tie for the valedictorian this year, it's between Nine Kornchid and Joong Archen! Let's give them a warm of applause!"

The whole class was clapping for them but it's pretty obvious that Nine was not having any of it.

"Shouldn't there be a tie-breaker for this?" Nine asked.

"I don't mind sharing the title with you, but we all know that I'm better." Joong quipped.

After that fateful summer day when their friendship ended, Nine vowed that he will beat Joong in everything. Though their family remained friends, their parents being college friends, it didn't dampen the rivalry that has been brewing since that day.

Nine was frustrated. He doesn't want to accept the fact that they would have to share.

"Well, Mr. Kornchid, the average of your grades are the same. And when I say the same, it means up to the last decimal point." The teacher replied.

Nine huffed and was about to rebut but the teacher cut him off.

"I also want to remind you guys that the next week will be our class retreat and it will be for a week. You need to prepare for it. Class dismissed."

Nine saw Joong smiling at him. That freaking devilish smile.

'God help me or I'm going to punch this guy'