Chapter 3

Artemis, the young man is looking at you... Again.

My wolves sing in my mind. I pick up the pace to be further in front of the carriage. Navene raises an eyebrow and looks over his shoulder back into the carriage to see the prince keeping his gaze locked on Artemis. Navene quietly chuckles to himself while loosely clicking his tongue making the horses go into a slow trot. Artemis glances up at Navene seeing what he is doing. She begins walking briskly than beginning to jog with a smirk. This continues for both before they are full out running. A few miles ahead they are able to see the gated limits to the kingdom. 

They both slow down to a stop once they are still hidden from prying eyes. Navene jumping down from the carriage patting the wolves that are surrounding him and Artemis. Artemis glances behind Navene to see the man draped in royal blues stepping out of the carriage. The young lady staying inside the carriage but look towards Navene. Navene leaves Artemis and walks to the young man who still is looking at the cloaked figure with so many questions. Navene clears his throat gaining the prince's attention. 

"Sir, we can not go any further. You just need to continue straight." Navene says gesturing towards the pathway. Prince Caspian nods his head but can't seem to speak. "Will you-" 

"May I speak with your companion?" Prince Caspian finally gathers his tongue cutting off Navene. The wolves stand closer to the woman hearing Prince Caspian's statement. They get low and growl with a clear warning. Navene raises his hand and they silence quickly. 

"Sir, I apologize however she does not speak." Prince Caspian looks back towards the cloaked face but can't see anything. He looks back down to the young man. The prince gets down closer to the man, before asking how old he is.  "I am 11 sir, soon to be 12." 

"She is your mother?"

"No sir, no relation- mmmh. Sorry, please excuse me for a minute."  Navene turns around to Artemis and begins having a telepathic conversation with her. The prince keeps looking between the two not realizing they are communicating. Navene turns back around and looks over the princes shoulder. "Sir, do you mind getting your young lady? She is injured and my colleague can help." 

Prince Caspian whips around to see his little sister cradling her wrist to her chest. He opens the carriage door and helps her gently step down. The young princess is breathing rapidly still looking petrified. The wolves around them not helping. Artemis realizes this and gently hums making the wolves walk into the forest off to the side leaving just the two pairs standing there. Prince Caspian holds his sister's shoulders giving her a reassuring smile. She gently nods her head and allows Navene to take her hand. 

Artemis takes a few steps forward towards the young lady. Once they are right in front of each other, Artemis bends down so she is kneeling in front of the girl. The princess gives a small smile while Artemis places her hand out palm up. Cassandra hesitantly reaches out placing her hand in the unknown woman's hand. Once they touch, Artemis closes her eyes and sings softly letting her hand gently trace the young woman's wrist that are littered in bruises. Cassandra closes her eyes listening to the melody and feeling the heat travel from her touch. 

Prince Caspian looks upon the exchange in wonder. He is able to hear her soft melody and becomes entranced by the voice. Feeling as if she is a siren hypnotizing him. He wants to rush forward but decides against it. He looks down at Navene to see his eyes are closed as well with a gentle smile gracing his lips. Prince Caspian decides to take gentle steps forward as if trying to not startle a fawn. 

Artemis finishes the song and opens her eyes to see the marks have disappeared. She gentle taps the princess' wrist and they lock eyes. Cassandra opens her mouth in awe of the beautiful silver eyes but can't make a sound. Artemis stands up seeing the young prince approaching them. She takes a few steps back while Prince Caspian looks at his sister's wrist. 

"Cass, do you feel any pain?" He says looking at her now clear wrist. She shakes her head negatively. Caspian takes her wrist inspecting it before looking at the unknown savior. "Please miss, may I see who helped rescue my sister and myself?" 

Artemis heart begins racing exponentially. She takes a step back before Navene steps in to help. "Sir, she has unique features which some do not deem... worthy to be seen." 

"I understand but I promise no judgement to come from us." Prince Caspian says looking from Navene back to Artemis. Artemis once again stands frozen.  Heart pounding in her chest. Navene encourages her to trust. She slowly reaches up to her cloak. She pulls it back far enough to allow him to see her eyes but not her hair. She raises her face and can see both the young princess and prince release a gasp. Navene smiles proudly. Artemis eyes go back to the Prince. 

Prince Caspian feels the breath escape his lungs. Her face is perfect... As if crafted by the gods. Her light complexion with soft pink heart shaped lips. Her most extraordinary feature is her metallic eyes that shine like silver streams. Her eyes are locked on him. He can see her doubt, her fear within her eyes. Only one word comes to mind.  He whispers, "Stunning."  He takes a step towards her but she mimics him and takes a step back. 

"Sir, please don't." 

The prince turns his head towards the young man who just spoke telling him to not try reaching the young goddess. The prince doesn't know what to think before he turns back around and the silvered eye queen is gone. He does a double take but still she is gone. 

"She is fearful of others." 

"Then how come she does not fear yourself?" 

"She rescued me sir." The prince whips around while Navene nods his head gently. Navene steps towards the pair. His hand outstretched towards the young princess. "My lady, you should take it easy with your wrist for a day." 

Cassandra steps forward hugging the young man. She leans back and gives him a gentle kiss on the cheek. Navene turns slightly pink at the exchange. She takes a step back standing beside her brother. 

"Thank you Navene for yours and your companion's help." The prince says looking back over towards the woods. "May we see you both again?"

"Time will tell Prince." 

Caspian heads snaps to Navene who is sporting a knowing grin. "How did you-" 

"I didn't, Artemis did." 

"Artemis." The prince whispers liking the name rolling off of his tongue. "She has many talents, doesn't she?"

Navene's grin only widens before chuckling. "Artemis does have talents that only few can ever truly experience. Her story is one of kind... and hers to tell." 

The prince looks to the woods longingly. All thoughts on Artemis and wanting to see her again. Navene bends down giving them a slight bow which the prince and princess return. Navene then begins jogging off into the woods. 

"Caspian, I like them!" Cass whispers into her brother's ear. Caspian absentmindedly nodding. "She was a rare gem, don't you think?"

"Absolutely."