Chapter 33

Love, please be careful

Artemis giggles lowly with her arms outstretched on the back of Kaleo's back. Caspian holding her waist from behind as the wind whips over her cheeks. Kaleo's long wings slicing the clouds gliding effortlessly through the heaven's. She turns to kiss his cheek right before Kaleo dips to land near the cave's entrance. 

Kaleo lands creating a familiar sound before entering. Upon entrance to the inner cavern, Artemis can see Selcia coiled around her nest where the egg is now cracking open. Artemis gasp watching as the egg moves on it's own accord. She slides off Kaleo's back before landing with a soft thud onto the cavern floor. She races forward while Selcia chuffles at the maiden. Artemis imitates the sound before Selcia uncoils her tail allowing Artemis through. 

"Love..." 

Artemis turns around to see Caspian's concerned face. She just smiles before turning back to the egg. 

Artemis stand back

Artemis listens to Kaleo and watches as Selcia inhales and her mouth glowing reddish orange. She blows out a flame right towards the egg. Caspian rushes forward seeing the large dragon about to breath fire. He halts on the outside of her tail seperating him and his beloved. He looks on to see her breathing onto her egg. The egg is heated to the color of molten lava. Artemis watches on in pure awe. 

A loud crack emits before the egg falls to the side showing a beautiful silver coat of scales. The tail has spikes like thorns on a vine. Artemis looking over the newborn as it wiggles around before stretching her long legs with sharp talons. The nails the same color as Kaleo's raven scales. It is when she opens her eyes that Artemis looses her ability to breath. The beautiful creature blinks multiple times but her eyes never change from their pure white with only a small black for the pupil. The animal studying the creature in front of her. 

Artemis tilts her head and watches as the baby mimics her. Caspian chuckles from behind making Artemis turn to him. She can see his clear astonishment by the newborn. Selcia still keeps them separated until she confirm the baby won't snap at the young man. Caspian lays his hand on the mother's tail absentmindedly rubbing her rough scales under his palm. Selcia smiles down at the human watching how he is reacting to her young one. 

Artemis begins humming softly making the dragon close it's hypnotic eyes in bliss. She steps forward slowly before placing her palm on the silver snout. The young dragon's eyes going wide with alertness of the new touch. 

Selcia, what is she to be called?

Artemis continues looking to the white eyed dragon while Selcia looks down to her daughter. Kaleo standing behind Caspian looking at his new sibling. 

Aneesa

Artemis looks to the beautiful speaking to her directly. 

My name is Artemis, welcome to our world Aneesa

The young dragon's eyes widen and she scrambles back from the creature before her. Selcia senses the dragon's fear and lifts her tail gently pressing Artemis back and creating a barrier to her infant. Aneesa continues looking to Artemis until a chuffle is heard making the young dragon look to her mother. Her mother leans down rubbing her cheek to the young dragon in comfort. 

You did wonderfully Selcia, she is magnificent 

Selcia smiles turning to the savior who continues beaming at the newborn

Thank you Artemis

Artemis lifts her palm which Selcia leans her head towards allowing the young maiden to rub her gently.