Chapter 28

Kaleo, please land before entering the kingdom. If their is something wrong, I do not wish for them to harm you. 

Kaleo listens to Artemis' pleads landing in the forest where they originally met. Artemis and Caspian slide down off his back before Artemis kisses his side gently thanking him. Caspian takes her hand and dashes off towards the gates. The guards instantly recognizing the prince open the gates. 

"What has happened?"

The guards look worrisome yet neither chooses to speak. Artemis can tell something is more than wrong so she tugs on Caspian's hand to pull him along. They make it to the castle's entrance where guards are scurrying about. Caspian feels his blood running cold as he steps through the doors. Artemis continues directing him along. Vatalanie is quick to find the couple. 

Vatalanie, where it the King?

He is in the great hall... Artemis, there is a problem

Artemis doesn't wait to listen as she begins swiftly striding to the great hall. Caspian's hand squeezing hers to death. They enter the great hall where the king is pacing back and forth. His head whipping up at the sound of doors. He is quick to walk to Caspian gathering him in his arms. Artemis pulls away giving them a moment but staying close. She notices the tear stained cheeks upon the king and feels her worry grow. The king pulls back and holds Caspian's shoulders looking into his eyes. 

"Father, what is going on? What's wrong??"

The king shutters a breath before answering. His eyes appear glossy. Caspian holds his breath. 

"Your mother..." Caspian pulls back as if he has been burned but the king continues. "King Maximus escaped and kidnapped your mother." 

Caspian feels his body go cold as his legs give out. Artemis is quick to his side bracing him as he crumbles to the ground. Her blood boiling towards King Maximus. She watches as Caspian begins hyperventilating as she wraps her arms around him pressing her front to his back. He fights for a minute before giving in and allowing his breath to even out as he cries. The king continues holding his shoulder kneeling beside his son. Artemis sees the utter devastation.

"My King, where is Goliath?"

The king looks up blinking rapidly trying to focus on Artemis. Her words making him furrow his eyebrows as he realizes he is gone as well. 

"I-I don't know. I haven't seen him since I left the hall to come after you two." 

Artemis nods her head and slowly releases her prince. The king furrows his eyebrows at the young maiden who looks resolute. She doesn't wait for either men to say anything before she turns walking briskly from the hall. 

Navene, meet me at the entrance. Bring the pack!

Navene who has been with the princess consoling her hears Artemis' words. He looks down noticing Cassandra has tired herself out and has fallen asleep. He looks to Tesara pointing to the princess. Tesara nods her head getting on the bed before coiling around her waist. Navene strolls out of her chambers heading to Caspian's directing the other five wolves to follow him. He makes it to the castle's entrance to see Artemis standing there with Vatalanie. 

"Artemis, what are you planning?"

There is no time. I need to find Goliath. He would have never left the queen's side. They couldn't haven't gotten far and night will be upon us soon. 

Navene feels fear wash through him realizing what she is planning to do. 

"Artemis you can not go alone! There will be guards and god only knows how many others!"