Chapter 50

The leaves upon the trees have fallen and since have been coated with white powder. The cold settling upon the land leaving the villagers to seek the comfort of their homes quickly. No longer gathering in the town's center for gossip and friendly banter rather rushing to the warmth they relish. The castle's maids and guards on the other hands attempting to not upset the two hormonal ladies that reside within. To say the tranquility was restored with Caspian's return would not be accurate.

"CASPIAN! You are NOT assigning another guard to her! Have you lost all sense?!"

"Father, what if-"

"NO! YOU ARE SMOTHERING HER!"

Caspian unceremoniously flopped into the seat across from his father. King Casden raking his hand down his face. This has got out of control in the last few weeks time. He arrived back from his trip to find the doctor with a certain rigidness to him. After a few days of his father endlessly questioning, he caved. Caspian told him that bounty hunters have been told of Artemis' abilities and now seek for her head. Casden took extra precautions for his daughter in law but this is becoming ludicrous.

"Father, she wants to go to the forest. If you won't assign additional patrol then I request leave of absence from my duties."

Casden sighs exasperatedly at his son. Artemis was assigned two guards upon the news of the bounty. The young beauty hormones have since kicked in with her temper taking full control. The two guards leaving quite the distance between themselves and their charge. She had almost throttle them on more than one occasion. Caspian and Navene are the only two able to placate her. Vatalanie has since been unwilling to abandon her post as her personal guard.

The queen on the other hand has been crying more so then usual. Queen Analee finding quite the companionship in Goliath along with her daughter and Navene. The young lad has found refuge with the king a few times. Caspian has practically imprisoned his protruding wife. She may only be a few months along however the babe is developing quickly.

Artemis has taken over the duties of watching over the queen's well being. No longer trusting anyone to come close to the developing baby. She has also had to withdrawal from so many healings. The little one taking much of her energy. That is when Caspian doesn't have his own ideas of how to spend their evenings together.

The king stands up hands flat against his desk as he leans forward looking his son in the eye. He is in love which Casden is happy for. But it is now becoming over bearing that it rules his life. Caspian bows his head full aware of the lashing his is more than likely going to receive.

"Have you even told her?"

Caspian instantly knows what his father speaks of. Artemis was never told of the bounty on her. The prince fearing that she would flee. Not due to her being scared for herself, but to protect all of them. He told her the extra security was due to baby. He shakes his head to his dad before looking back up to him. His dad giving him a 'tell her' face.

"She would do something dangerous if she was to know"

"She deserves to know son"

His voice softening towards him. Caspian nod thoughtfully knowing his father is right. It has just been so perfect between him and Artemis. She openly expresses her love towards him and he relishes in it. He loves the way that the feelings they share consume them. It is a feeling like no other.

A round of frantic knocks come from the door making both turn to them. A guard coming in breathing heavily.

"Your Majesty! Ar-Artemis has taken off"

He gulps trying to gather air into his lungs. Hunching over, he is swiftly thrown off when Caspian briskly runs by him. His body falling to the ground but the prince doesn't dare look back. Running towards the front doors of the castle, he yanks the doors open as the howling wind blows full force on him. He squints looking towards the front gate. All appears to be calm but he knows better.