Chapter 21

The morning of the festivities left the entire kingdom bustling about. All except for two that were still cuddled together with the morning sun rising into the window of the room. Caspian was still laying beside Artemis with both awake but not ready to leave each other's comfort yet. Caspian's eyes following the trail of his fingertips as they leisurely trace over her. Her soft delicate skin feeling like flower petals under his touch. His fingers trace the contour of her nose down to her delicate pink lips where they linger. 

Artemis watches him but doesn't move from his touch. Her own body feeling electrified by his touch. It's a high her body is producing from Caspian and she is relishing in it. Her silver hair fanning the bed causing the morning sun to ricochet around the chamber. Her eyes gleaming with her prince's electric eyes. 

Caspian couldn't get enough of her. He lets his hand go to her waist holding her in place. His lips descending down to match hers. The touch causing a fire to swell within him. Their lips dancing together slowly while Caspian becomes bolder. He tugs her so she is partially underneath him with his body pressed to hers. Artemis feels like the electricity is building within her. She moans causing Caspian to growl in response. 

The couple is so invested in the touches, they do not realize that Artemis is beginning to glow. Her arm is lighting up as her hair shines brightly. Vatalanie lifts her head from her spot on the floor looking intrigued to her friend. 

Artemis, you are glowing

Artemis' eyes snap open and she pulls back slightly alerting Caspian to the change. His eyes open to her but he is shocked to see her eyes are bright. He pulls back to look at her arm. She lifts it and realizes Vatalanie is right. She is glowing like she does when she is healing but she doesn't feel her energy exuding her rather she feels charged. 

"Artemis, are you okay?"

She nods her head and cups his cheek making him lock eyes with her. Caspian can't get over her vibrant look. She pulls his neck making him groan when his lips reconnect. Caspian's hands exploring the contours of her waist before moving upwards causing Artemis to arch her chest into his hand. 

A knock on the door causes Caspian to reluctantly pull away. He looks down to her as she appears to emit light. His body still on fire, his desire for her coursing throughout his entire being. A second knock makes him get up walking to the chambers doors to open them. His blood instantly cooling off from the arrival. 

"Good morning son." 

"Mom." 

The queen pushes the door open and waltz in knowing that Artemis has not yet slept in her own chambers since her arrival. She was not pleased with this arrangement however she trusted that the young couple was not doing anything they shouldn't be yet. That is until now, Artemis is sitting up but she appears to be glowing. The queen halts for a minute seeing a young woman with lust filled eyes and body still humming from whatever was occurring before her arrival. She turns back to her son. 

"I will not tell your father that she has been in your chambers but you will be respectful until you are wed. Is that understood?"

Caspian can feel his face flush. He drops his gaze to the floor nodding his head. Worried his voice would come out hoarse, he doesn't speak. The queen turns back to Artemis who is now standing by the bed. Her glow still intact. The queen walks to her gently taking her hands into her own. She lifts her arms and watches the pulsation of the light coming from her. 

"Remarkable" 

The queen barely whispers but everyone hears it. Artemis takes a deep breath and looks back to Caspian whose eyes are now locked on her own. His eyes showing his lust for her. She drops her gaze to the floor. The queen can feel the heat radiating off the young couple and knows this needs to slow down.