Chapter 27

Caspian's body clinging to the dark dragon as he flies effortless through the heavens. Caspian's eyes looking through the never ending clouds scattered throughout the the skies. He looks down to find Artemis' hair glowing as her arm begins to illuminate her marking. Her body attempting to heal the fever raging on through her. He pulls her closer as he feels Kaleo dive down. He glances over and notices they are in the mountains. The coldness nipping at his cheeks while Kaleo's wings fan steadily allowing them to land. 

Caspian squints around trying to figure out why Kaleo brought them here. Kaleo's tail wraps back around him lifting him and Artemis off his back. The light of the sun bouncing off the snow making it hard for him to see anything while the temperature quickly seeps through his clothes making him shiver. Kaleo unwraps his tail from his waist before nudging him forward. Caspian continues looking around and finds what appears to be springs of water upon the side of the mountain. He looks to Kaleo who just nods his head towards it. Caspian begins walking slowly towards the water. The wind whipping him while he clutches onto Artemis. Her body temperature like a heater within his arms. 

Kaleo watches upon the naive human who seems so unsure of himself. The dark haired human turning back to look at him again. Kaleo almost wants to throw him in the water. He knows the water has healing powers. He has seen it work for creatures before. Finally having enough of the man's indecisiveness, He wraps his tail around Artemis's waist lifting her from his embrace. Her form running as hot as his, he knows she is too warm for a human. 

Caspian watches on as the black scales wrap around her waist taking her from him. Kaleo slowly dips her into the water where steam comes off Artemis. Her body begins convulsing from the temperature difference. Caspian doesn't hesitate walking directly into the water. The water surprisingly warm even with the snow encasing it. He walks to Artemis whose body is still shaking. Her hair turning as white as the snow as her arm's marking becomes a beacon of light. 

"Kaleo, what is wrong?"

Kaleo pulls her waist farther down into the water alarming Caspian. He is quick to try grabbing her up but Kaleo continues tugging at her waist. He turns his alarmed eyes to the dragon. 

"Stop! She won't be able to breathe!" 

Kaleo narrows his eyes at him before unwrapping his tail from her. Artemis still thrashing in Caspian's hold, he doesn't realize what is coming. He feels a pressure on his head and looks up to see Kaleo's tail weighing heavily on him pressing him down. 

"What are you-"

His sentence being cut off as he goes under the water his lungs filling with water. He struggles for a minute until he realizes he can breathe. He eyes open wide in surprise. He realizes this isn't normal water. He looks down being able to see Artemis who has stopped moving. Her body temperature returning to normal. He feels the pressure lift from his head and slowly comes up from the water. The wind causing his skin to prickle from the cold. He looks down to see Artemis has returned to normal but is still asleep. He pulls her close still standing waist high in the water to find her temperature has returned to normal. He looks to the midnight beast whose eyes are set upon his beauty. Kaleo slowly leans forward placing his large head to the couple nudging Artemis. Caspian can feel his breath blowing from his nostrils onto him. 

Caspian...

Caspian looks down to find a half awake Artemis. Her eyes barely able to stay focused let alone open. He leans down kissing her forehead thankful she is okay. Their moment cut short by the pressure of Kaleo's tail wrapping around him lifting them both up out of the water before placing them back on his back. Caspian gently rubs the creatures neck leaning forward to look at his silver eyes.