Chapter 26

Tension ran thick with the royal family looking upon the newcomers from the Kingdom of Darion. Caspian holding firmly to Artemis whose body was shaking with the heighten emotions rolling off of everyone. Her head feeling light with the on slaughter of animosity given off. She holds Caspian's hand that is glued to her hip. Navene is standing partially in front of the young princess who is looking back and forth between her father and King Maximus. The queen is standing tall by her husband's side looking only to the King. 

"King Maximus, we were not expecting a visit." 

The queen says keep her voice level. Her husband holding her hand while waiting for the King to reply. He stands back up looking to the royal couple before glancing to the others standing before him. His face stopping upon the young silver beauty. His eyes slowly going over her form from her unique colored hair to captivating matching eyes down to her arm. Artemis can feel his eyes and shivers in disgust. Caspian pulls her so she is attached at his hip feeling his rage hitting a boiling point. Artemis slowly rubs his back in a soothing manner. 

"Queen Analee, King Casden." He turns his attention back to them. "I felt we had urgent matters to discuss. My sincere apologies for the intrusion. May we speak." 

Caspian looks to his father who forces a smile and gestures for them to enter. His parents leading with King Maximus following along with the royal adviser. Caspian turns to walk with his beloved but it is stopped by a tug on his elbow. He turns to see Princess Lena batting her eyes at him. 

"Caspian you will escort me in, won't you? It is part of your royal duties." Caspian clenches his jaw hanging his other arm for the princess. Artemis attempts to pull away to walk behind however Caspian refuses to release her. She looks to him and can see his eyes pleading her. She stays and rubs his arm hoping to help. Navene and Cassandra make a quick escape after entering the castle. Artemis looks back just long enough to hear their feet pad away. 

They arrive to the grand hall to see the King and Queen have taken their respectable seats while King Maximus stands in front of him. Caspian shrugs Lena's hand out of his arm releasing her with obvious disdain while continuing to hold Artemis. Caspian walks up to stand by his parents with Artemis at his side. 

"Alright King Maximus, what is it you wish to discuss?"

His eyes turn to Caspian's companion yet again. This time a veracious low growl stops the King from further analyzing her. He looks down to see a large wolf standing in front of Caspian and the young beauty's legs. He then turns to the king and queen and notices one also sits with the queen. 

"So it is true then?" His question more of a statement. 

"Is what true Maximus?" The King ask sitting forward in his throne. 

"That my daughter was denied due to sorcery. That you have chosen a witch to be your successor?!"

His voice raising causing the wolves in the room to get in a defensive stance. Artemis hums lowly beckoning them to stay seated. The queen sits forward rubbing Goliath's head calming him. Her own blood begin to boil. 

"Our son has chosen his future bride, that is a fact." The queen says making direct eye contact with the heated king. " However, she is no witch." 

King Maximus scoffs at her ignorance looking between them all. "You are all fools to believe that you could have anyone better than my daughter sitting upon that throne. This witch will be the downfall to your Kingdom, Casden!" 

"That. Is. Enough." The king stands up his voice even yet with finality. Everyone stayed silent as the king proceeded to step down slowly. Caspian's form rigid waiting to have his turn. "Your daughter is not fit to be ours or anyone's future queen with how she behaves. SHE... will be your downfall Maximus. Artemis will be our future queen and she will rule like any other before her."