Chapter 53

Slow down my love

Artemis turns to find Caspian giving her in amused expression while shuffling to put his boots on. Artemis practically bouncing on her heels impatiently waiting. Caspian chuckles at his excited wife before standing from the bed to walk with her. She takes his hand practically dragging him from their chambers. Walking through the grand halls, they soon meet up with Navene and a happy Princess Cassandra arm in arm. All going quickly to the rear doors of the castle while Caspian attempts to keep his very pregnant wife from tripping over her feet. 

The snow has since began melting away allowing the gardens to show the hidden greens. The land showing it's hidden beauty that was protected under the white blanket. The queen is due to have her baby any day now. She has been bedridden for a few days now. The king although excited is equally terrified. He has been doing most of his duties from the castle for a weeks time. The villagers are joyful for the king and can not wait to celebrate the birth of the newborn of not only one but two royals. 

Artemis on the other hand has grown fully and her protruding one would believe would slow her down however the silver beauty proves yet again to be not was expected. She is still caring for a great deal of creatures however no longer exudes all her energy. The newborn stopping her from going over the edge. A bounty hunter has not been seen since word has spread of the protection. All who considered learned the fate of previous assailants and no longer dared to attempt their own lives. The man or woman who has placed bounty on her has since given up. No one to ever learning of the true nature of the person. 

Bursting out of the back doors with all the pack, the four make their way into the wet grass just as a two figure comes into view. Artemis smiling brightly to the sky just as the large winged creatures land graciously in the clearing. Artemis can't contain the squeal as she steps away. Caspian by her side protectively with a hand on her hip. He is still very cautious over the young gray dragon. 

Kaleo chuffles followed by Aneesa as the silver savior strides to them. Her companion glued to her side. She is quick to Kaleo walking to his ever growing face. He lays his neck on the ground allowing her to run her hand along his cheek. His eyes closing by the tender touch. 

I've missed you my friend

As I have you Artemis

He lifts his head allowing her to hug his neck. Her arms not nearly wrapping him making the raven dragon internally chuckle at her. She is quite a rare creature herself. The warmth he once had begins fading as she steps over to Aneesa. She equally has grown in size. The silver dragon with electric eyes becoming a great creature of the sky. Her features almost ethereal compared to the terrorizing features of her elder brother. Artemis places her hand against her snout before taking the final step to place her forehead to the scales between her nostrils. Caspian holding his breath and heart racing watching his wife. He however refuses to go back on her word and will trust that she knows what she is doing... Even if it terrifies him. 

Artemis steps back looking over her friends as a hand ensnares her waist pulling her back to a firm chest. The wolves bow making the dragon's mirror their gesture before the wolves run off to play in the maze of gardens. Both dragon's relaxing on the ground but their eyes turn to the two forms behind the silver beauty and her mate. Artemis and Caspian follow their line of sight to see an astonished Cass who is clutching tightly at Navene's arm. 

"It's alright Cass, come here" 

Cass still attempting to breathe feels Navene gently tug her arm making her walk forward. Never before has she been this close to a creature of this size. Their bright blue eyes trained on her. She feels Navene stop by Caspian before releasing her. Cass almost reaches back out to clutch at him before she realizes he is going down to one knee. His head falling forward slowly as he bows to the dragons before him. They nod at him while still looking to the dark haired young beauty. Cass slowly bows and jumps when she feels the breath of the silver dragon fanning her face. She stays frozen for a minute before the creature makes the same sound as it did to Artemis. She then feels the scales of it's skin brushing her making her lift her head.