Chapter 23

"Did you see her?"

"Was that Lady Artemis?"

"She was an skilled swordsman, I want to be like her!" 

The king and queen continued hearing the gossip of the fearless young beauty as they strolled through the festival arm in arm. Navene still being dragged by Princess Cassandra as she looks at all the jewelry on display. The queen giggling softly at her daughter. She has grown attached to the young lad who seems to be equally happy. Hearing the queen's laughter, the king smiles down fondly to his wife. The whispers of Artemis still passing each of the villager's lips. 

"Do you hear all of them my king?"

"It's hard not to my love." The queen grins up at her husband. 

"It seems nothing but good things... She is a force to be reckoned with, is she not?"

"Were you aware of her skills?" The queen scoffs at her husband. 

"And how would I have known of this? Navene only informed of us of his training with her."

So caught up in their own conversation, they do not see the older man walking up to them grinning ear to ear. Navene notices the newcomer and gently pulls the princess by his side. Cassandra just beamed up at the old man. 

"LEO!" 

"It's a pleasure to see you again Princess Cassandra." He says giving her a small bow. The king and queen now seeing him. 

"Ah Leo! It is so good to see you!" 

"You as well your majesty!" His body bending at the waist to give a proper bow to his king. He stands back up giving the same respect to the queen who nods with a smile in return. "I have met your guest, Lady Artemis." 

"Have you now?" The queen questions in amusement. 

"Quite the beauty and impeccable archery skills. She won my challenge this morning!" 

Navene listens to the interaction as his eyes danced back and forth between the unknown man and the royal couple. His hand still holding the hilt of his sword firmly. Cass notices and takes his hand causing Navene to release it. He looks to her who is shaking her head negatively. Navene relaxes knowing the princess trust this man. 

"Did she really?" The king asked intrigued to hear. The queen only smirks in return. 

"She sure did! Gave away her winnings to the orphan children." 

The queen couldn't help the warmth seep through her heart knowing their kingdom will one day be in good hands. Navene smiles knowing of the generosity of his guardian. Cass takes his hand and tugs to where a small vendor with wooden swords are displayed. The queen glances to them while the king notions the guards to keep close. Tesara still glued to the pairs side. 

"My king, I do believe Prince Caspian was quite smitten with the young maiden." 

The king had to resist rolling his eyes as the queen looked up to him grinning. He turned back to Leo with a subtle smile. 

"I do believe you may be right Leo. We must be going. Please do join us later for the banquet at the castle." 

"Absolutely my king." He says bowing before once again bowing to the queen and heading off. 

"Seems she is quite the jack of trades..." The king nods as they continue their stroll. Navene, and Cassandra rejoining them with Tesara guarding closely. 

"My love, let's get back to the castle to prepare." 

The castle was still bustling about when Caspian came in carrying a sleeping Artemis in his arms. The maids look to him and gasp before rushing forward. The prince holds her firmly to his chest shaking his head to the maids. They return to their previous duties as he makes his way back to his chambers. Having one of the guards open the door before closing it softly. Caspian lies her down on the bed when he notices the other wolves are all in his chambers. Their heads perked up looking to him.