Chapter 18

Kaleo watches the memory of his own connection coming forth as he watches his mom's eyes go wide from shock hearing the young savior's voice within her mind. Artemis removes her cloak allowing her to look like the true savior he knows she is. His mother's eyes locked upon her figure. 

What is your name?

The dragon's breathing still erratic but for a completely different reason. She looks to the metallic human who stands bare to her. Never seeing someone like her before. She continues to gaze pondering on whether to answer. A nudge from her son makes her relent. 

Selcia... My name is Selcia (Sell-C-ah)

Artemis smiles gently before walking closer her hand continuing to graze the large creature. Her height not even reaching the dragon's large head lying upon the cave's floor. She get's close to the teeth and the dragon closes her mouth no longer baring her spikes to the small human. 

Artemis' voice raising as she finally makes her way to the dragon's stomach. She can feel the movement of the baby under her palm. She turns so her body is fully towards that spot. Placing both hands upon her stomach she once again feels the pulls of her energy to help ease the dragon's pain. 

Selcia's body feeling inflamed and soothed giving her the energy she needed. She lifts her head to her son who is staring down at her stomach. Selcia's gaze following seeing the little human seemed to have begun lighting up. Her hair now glowing as her arm emits light as well. She closes her eyes and focuses as the familiar shoves begun to announce themselves. She roars as her body expands to allow the entry of her new whelp into the world. The large egg coming out in the roost she had prepared. 

She then feels the warmth spread all over alleviating the pain that was sure to come. After a few minutes and her muscles relaxing, she feels the humane remove her hands from her. Selcia lifts her head enough to see the small savior looking slightly winded. She slowly brings her head closer sniffing the metallic goddess. 

Artemis feels once again drained but not nearly as bad as she did for Kaleo. She watches as the large head comes closer. Her heart rate accelerating at the closeness of the creature. She smiles when the large mother dragon just sniffs her before gently nudging her. Artemis still stumbles from the force but Kaleo is there to help steady her. 

She walks behind to see the whelp. Both the dragon's rotating to see as well. The dragon egg is large. It sits straight up and is right at Artemis' height. The egg covered in it's mother's protective coat but a hard shell visible. She doesn't dare step forward knowing how sensitive newborns are and protective mothers can be. She turns her body to Selcia.

She will be beautiful Selcia... You did good

Selcia looks to her son wondering how the human could possibly know it was female. She just chuffles making Artemis smile widely at her playful tone. She walks back up to Selcia's large head once more placing her hand directly on her forehead. Selcia closing her eyes while a feeling a comfort floods through her willing her to rest. 

Kaleo watches on as Artemis gives his mother one more jolt of energy enough to help soothe her. He sees Artemis smile at his mom before turning back to him. 

Kaleo, I must make my way back.

Kaleo lifts his body up coiling his tail once again around her but this time lifting her onto his back so she may rest. Artemis' body molding into his heated form as he begins crawling out of the cavern. The moment the entrance is met he spreads his wings allowing them to take flight getting his friend back home safely. He can feel her form has completely relented to him as she sleeps soundlessly against him. 

While Artemis is making safe passage back to the kingdom, Caspian is beyond over this day. Lena had become insufferable beyond measure. She wouldn't speak to the villagers and when one came to close, she would screech as if they were disease-ridden before clinging to him. He was embarrassed that a princess would act like this. It wouldn't favor well with any person to have a ruler who believes she is above all others. 

Even the King was over her shenanigans for the day and decided to not continue with the rest of their duties rather travel back to the castle where he may seek comfort from his beloved. They made their way back in excellent time due to their motivation to part from the young princess for the afternoon. 

Caspian didn't even help her down from her horse before he made his way to the entrance with Vatalanie at his side. As predicted, Vatalanie never left the young prince even with the villagers being fearful. It all changed when a young girl came up as if Vatalanie was a dog and rubbed her head making Vatalanie lick her hand emitting small laughs from the child. The crowd since then had not worried however did remain clear of the she wolf. 

Lena practically growled at the lack of attention she received today from Caspian. She did not travel all this way to be treated in this manner. She stomped her way up to her chambers throwing the door closed after the adviser followed in. The door rattling from the force. No one seemed to care about her attitude as they went along with own duties. 

The king soon found his wife watching over his little princess as she played with Navene and the wolves all gathered in the grand hall. His wife immediately smiling up at her husband's arrival. He stepped briskly to her where she opened her arms wide before gathering him in. He sighs against her frame and the queen giggles knowing how this journey must have went if they are back so early. She gave him the comfort he so desperately needed. 

Cassandra runs up to her father hugging his leg as he still holds onto her mother. He releases his queen to gather Cassandra within his arms tickling her sides. Cassandra looks back to Navene and waves him over. The king looks upon his feisty daughter demanding her friend to come over. Chuckling silently at her antics while Navene shuffles forward. 

"Your Majesty"

"It's good to see you Navene"

"You as well sir" 

Navene steps back giving the family a moment as he goes back to the wolves. On the other side of the castle, Caspian has made his way to his chambers hoping that his beloved will be there. Vatalanie coming in to the room with him. His shoulders once again slack in disappointment seeing his chambers empty. Vatalanie's ears perking up catches his attention. She walks to the balcony door of his room and pushes it open. She sits down looking up making Caspian follow out doing the same. 

His breath catches as he sees the dragon from days prior flying in. His fear rolling off in waves wondering if Artemis is with him. He glances around over the balcony to see if anyone is present. He does not want to alert the guards of the dragon's presence. He gets close and begins to hover at the window however their is not enough room for him to land. Caspian then sees him turn showing a sleeping Artemis on his back. His muscles tensing under the unknown. Kaleo flies up and Caspian is quick to run out his chambers up to the tower that he knows Kaleo has traveled to. He barrels out of the door to see Kaleo perched like a bird on the wall since his tail takes the vast majority of room. He doesn't care as he walks the little space he can to gather Artemis in his arms. She doesn't wake but stirs curling herself more towards him. He kisses her hairline before looking back to the dragon. Kaleo nods his head in understanding before nudging Artemis' head gently. Kaleo takes off from the tower and is quickly gone. 

Caspian's eyes going back down to the beauty within his arms yet again. He then notices her cloak is not on her. He glances around before working to open the door and making his way back down to his room. Vatalanie at his heals. 

He lays her upon the bed before locking his chamber doors with only himself and Artemis safely inside... and Vatalanie, of course. He strips his cloak laying it over before climbing onto the bed gathering her form to mold to his. She stirs and her beautiful eyes find his. She can barely stay awake but gets out only a few words before falling into slumber again. 

"My prince" 

Caspian holds her as if she is his life line. For that is exactly what he believes, without her... he no longer feels happiness. His future laying within his arms and he knows he wants to make that perfectly clear once she awakens. For now, he is laying to rest with his world within his grasps.