Chapter 10

Navene is currently standing in front of the King who is pacing back and forth trying to understand what all just occurred. The king's eyes drifting to the young man with thoughts racing on how he was able to wield a sword like an experienced swordsman to the man in the room. Then his eye's drift to the wolf who is sitting there once again with it's ears pulled back ready to defend if needed.

Caspian is currently standing behind his father waiting to see his reaction to all of this. His mother has agreed to stay in the chambers with Artemis and the pack of wolves that snarled when the guards came too close. The guards pulled the body out attempting to glance at Artemis on the bed. Cassandra has curled herself against the sleeping beauty feeling protection within her embrace.

The king stops pacing and looks directly at Navene. He has too many questions running through his head that he begins where he thinks would be best. Tesara still keeping a close eye on the man with a golden ring on top of his head.

"Navene, let's begin with the easiest question. What is your sir name?"

"I apologize your Majesty but I do not have one."

"How is that possible?" The king stands there completely baffled by the notion.

"I was rescued at a young age and have since not remembered my last name my King."

"Okay, What is your age?"

"I am yet to turn 12."

"Okay, at what age were you rescued?"

"Artemis rescued you me when I was only 4." The king begins slowly pacing rubbing his jaw thoughtfully. Navene's eyes following his movements.

"Pray tell, how did she rescue you?"

"I came from an unfortunate situation when Artemis discovered me and offered me safety and adventure to travel with her... I never looked back."

"You mean she took a 4 year old without a thought of kidnapping-"

"Your majesty, I do not mean to be rude but I warn you not to speak ill of Artemis."

"I beg your pardon." The king eye's going wide by the bluntness of the young lad.

"Tesara does not take well to it and I can not stop her from her natural instincts your majesty."

The king takes a deep breath looking towards the wolf whose eyes have narrowed to slits. Her mouth emitting a soft growl. He continues walking however chooses his words wisely.

"How did you train her?" He ask in regards to the she wolf.

"She is not trained my King. She understands I am part of her pack. Natural instincts to protect members of the pack."

"I see... And Artemis?"

"She sits at the head of the pack along with another she-wolf." The King nods his head.

"And who trained you to wield your sword?"

"Artemis sir."

The King then turns to his son who seems to be absorbing the information as well. Caspian is recalling the time he first met Artemis and how she attacked with her sword against the thieves. His heart warming at the new information he is learning. His father can see his son's reaction, the look of longing. He sighs and realizes his queen is correct... Their son has found his match. He turns his attention back to the young Navene.

"Navene, how did you know that you needed to leave?"

Navene's eyes travel to the prince. The prince notices the hesitation and decides to step in.