Chapter 42

Artemis groans sitting up from the silk sheets. Caspian watching as she clutches her head. His fingers lightly brushing her hair out of her face. His body currently adjacent to hers. Lying on his side with his head propped up in his hand. Artemis blinks a few times finding her surroundings before landing onto the hypnotic emerald eyes of Caspian. His dark hair tousled as if he has run his hands through it endlessly. 

"Caspian?"

Her voice weak and cracked but still music to his ears. His fingers gently pulling her arm back down from her head to hold onto. Their hands laying on her stomach as she looks to him confused. 

"Yes my love. How are you feeling?"

"Confused.." She furrows her eyebrows trying to recall everything before her eyes snap wide. "Your Father-" 

"Is okay... Aneesa didn't hurt him." 

"What about the guards?"  Artemis asks relaxing back into the pillow. Caspian's thumb rubbing softly on her hand. 

"All safe. Kaleo stopped her." 

At this Artemis' scrunched face relaxes. Caspian leans over to give her a gentle kiss. The tingles dancing on his lips as hers continue brushing against his. He groans testing his own self restraints. He pulls back reluctantly looking down at his queen. Her silver eyes swirling with desire making his body heat up with want. 

"The wedding?"

He nods as her eyes remained locked on him. He leans forward to peck her lips before pulling back. 

"If you are up for it. We will have it in a few hours... IF you are well enough." 

Artemis' heart warms at the man lying next to her. Her hand coming up to cup his jaw. The pad of her thumb brushing his cheek. He closes his eyes leaning into her touch. Her hand gently pulls him down to connect their lips once again. Both sigh in bless from the contact. Caspian's hand going to hold Artemis' waist as his body drapes over her. Their lips dance together, always in sync with each other. Her body hums in acceptance to the new sensations only Caspian awakens in her. Caspian's body pulsating with your pure desire. The desire to have her, to devour her, and claim her as his own. His muscles going tense while the moment becomes more heated. The sensual caresses leaving both wanting more. 

Caspian is unsure if he can stop himself at this point. Artemis having no objections to him allows the kiss to consume her. His lips leave hers to trace down to her neck kissing along the way. He lays his body between her legs which she complies adjusting him to the new position. Her hands going to his lower back enjoying the connection. Her body trembling with unrequited want, her body beginning to glow as it has before when things became heated. 

A knock from the door brings them both back to the present. Caspian sighs lifting his head to look down at her. Her whole body actually glowing leaves him speechless. 

"Artemis.. Your-"

"Son, is she awa- Oh!"

Both of their eyes turn to the door to see his mother standing their wide eyed. Their position not so innocent. Artemis' body still illuminated as Caspian climbs off of her. He goes to stand up while Artemis prays to the gods to swallow her whole. The queen is still frozen at the door momentarily. 

"Mom, it isn't-" 

"What I just saw is none of my business. Now go get ready son, we have a bride to get dressed." 

Caspian turns back to Artemis to see her eyes bright already looking to him. He can see she is still electrically charged from their encounter. He takes a deep breath leaning over to kiss her forehead. Artemis' eyes closing on contact before he stands up leaving her. He walks by kissing his mom's temple before walking out giving one last glance to his beloved.