I Suppose You Don't Have Any Pants, Do You?

Instead of the breathtaking view, I focus on trying to stand up straight and on my lonesome. I push of the column and smile in delight upon seeing that I can in fact, stand.

"I really wish I didn't have to walk..." I groan. I can practically hear my bruises screaming at me before I even move. Wait a minute! I have powers! Well, power... Just one.

I flex my palms up lightly.

"AHH!" I scream as my back instantaneously smacks against the ceiling. I quietly whimper, moving my hands slowly to bring my body to the ground.

"No. Magic." I grit out.

I raise my knee and instantly squeeze my eyes shut at the pain. Why do people do that? Is it like a see no pain, feel no pain? That's not even the saying...

I get out of my thoughts and move to take a step.

"...Oh my god, that hurt!" I yell out in the empty space. Which probably isn't a good idea, but stepping into a deformed Jarvis wasn't exactly a good idea either. I briskly walk around the columns, ignoring the groaning pain in my entire body.

"Ok. Ok, this isn't so bad." I mutter.

Not even a minute later my legs give out. The world becomes a blur as my body falls to face plant into the- -what feels like solid gold floor.

'Why is this happening to me!' I scream inside my own mind. I lay there, wallowing in my own self-pity. Perfectly aware someone could find me, possibly kill me for trespassing. It's fine...

"Hello."

"AHH!" I scream again, flipping over onto my sore back. The pain instinctively making me arch it as too relive some of the soreness. Ok, so maybe I wasn't totally aware. I look up, feeling sympathy for the freaking beautiful woman standing in front of me as she has to stare at my triple chins. The woman was wearing all shades of gold and glitter, her hair was a light brown, and her eyes were a bright green that instantly made her look incredibly kind. I hold a hand up and wave.

"Hello." I groan out. She merely smiles and holds out her hand. I take it, reigning in my shock at how warm her hand is- - geez! Does she have a frickin space heater in there? I once again steady myself on one of the columns, breathing heavily from the whirlwind of events that just procured.

"You are not from here, are you?" The woman asks softly. I laugh breathlessly,

"What makes you think that?" I ask, looking up at her. Her face barley moves but you can tell she's amused.

"I was raised by witches, young one." I nod.

"Impressive." She stood up straighter with a ghost of a smirk on her face.

"Or it could quite possibly be your clothing choice." She adds. I look at her, pretending to be offended.

"Excuse you, on earth this is very fashionable." The woman's eyes go wide and I instantly knew I slipped up.

"Earth?!" She exclaims.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath.

Seeing my reaction of, Well, her reaction, the woman calms down and places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You are of earth?" She asks. I can only nod, knowing I royally messed up. The woman doesn't respond but looks over, focusing on the hand that rests upon my shoulder.

After a few awkward moments, the woman takes a step back.

"I see." She says simply.

"Did you just read my mind?" I whisper. "Because if you didn't then I won't have to tell you how weird that whole staring at me thing was." I laugh before stopping, realizing again that I had once again picked up my foot and stuffed it in my mouth.