Oh! Am I Interrupting Something?

Loki and I read for what seems like minutes- - But is actually hours, shown by the sundial placed on the table that lay in front of the only window in the room.

Sometimes Loki would read to me, sometimes I would read books in English to him. He was confused at first as I denied reading him any books in Norse.

As we sat down on the couch, an old Norse book open in his lap, I found myself quite easily reading it along with him- - and understanding it! Norse did not seem that different from English; at least through my eyes.

Excitement flooded through me as I saw 'King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table' upon their shelf. It felt weird to be excited to show Loki something... but here I was.

Grabbing it, I rush over to the couch and hop onto it, surprising Loki as he looked at me with disbelief and wide eyes. We had started the book and Loki was already hanging on the edge of his seat, listening to every word intently. It was cute.

Wait. What.

Loki is not cute. He isn't anything except evil, mean, and cruel, and... mean. That's what he is!

"She cheated?! She cheated on Arthur... for Lancelot." He said, disgust laced in his voice, shaking me out of my thoughts. It was just a lapse of judgement. Probably Loki controlling my mind for a moment like he did with Clint and Erik. It's nothing to worry about, we don't need to talk about it.

I try and scooch away from him a little, hoping he doesn't notice. I wait with baited breath... If he had noticed he didn't show it. Though I doubt he had, he seems to be engrossed with the possibility of cheating.

"Asgardians have never cheated before?" I ask. Loki immediately shakes his head.

"Of course not! We all choose our partners very carefully... Then, when we have chosen... well you obviously know all about mates." He says with a carefree tone.

I desperately wanted to ask about mates, but if I did, Loki would get suspicious. It seemed like a common thing to have mates in Asgard.

Loki suddenly seemed very troubled.

"I do not know if I like this story Rayna. I do not know if I wish for you to continue." He admits.

I internally growl at the sympathy that washes over for me for the youngest child of Odin.

"Well, Loki. Hurt is apart of life. We can't stop it and we cant avoid it. We just have to have the strength to get through it." I speak softly. Loki doesn't speak, but merely gazes down at fire, deep in thought. The room stays completely silent as Loki watches the flames dance and as I watch him... wondering what exactly happened to him between now and when he tried to invade earth.

Maybe he was just a little too fascinated.

"You are very wise Rayna. You remind me of my mother. You are both kind, and seem to be the only ones who care about the wellbeing of my mind." He expresses, keeping his gaze on the fire. I try not to think too harshly on his words. I do not care. If I can manage to not make Loki all psycho killer, then I can return to earth- - happy to never have to see him again. But for now I'm stuck here. I don't care... I just can't change my situation.

"Would you like to continue the book?" I ask quietly. I barley see it, but make out a nod of his head before he sits back and looks down at me with a soft smile grazing his lips.

I continue on reading to him. I don't know if it's such a good idea to be reading him a story of fighting and war but I wanted to share this with him for some reason; I can't exactly stop now.