What Do You See?

I finally reach the doors to exit the castle, trying my hardest to get along the golden bridge as fast as I can. I know what the four of them plan to do; and it's not go back to Jotunheim... I want to help. The only way I can save Loki now is to bring Thor back, take away the power that's so quickly corrupted my Loki.

Wait. Wait... did I just think... my Loki?

I hate how much I love the sound of that.

I shake my head, running faster along the bridge as I watch them reach the bifrost room. I cry out, my legs aching but I keep on running. I need to help.

By the time I finally reach the bifrost room, Heimdall stands in front of it as always. I look down and notice he doesn't have his sword. It was unattended... already in the bifrost. I smirk.

"You let them go?" I ask, smiling despite not being able to go myself. He looks down at me confused.

"I have absolutely no idea who you are referring to." He says, his lip quivering a little. He places a hand on my back and guides me to a window showing the space beyond the bifrost room.

"I saw what happened." He speaks up. I immediately tense.

"It was not ideal... but I care too much for him to be too angry. He believed he was loosing me." I say softly, not looking into Heimdalls unique eyes but instead, into space.

"And he is not? After all he's done?" Heimdall asks kindly. I can feel the burn of his look on the side of my face. I am unable to look back at him as I admit this to him, and myself.

"No. I believe I've been guided here to help him. I don't exactly know how well I am doing but I try. At first, it was merely a mission to bring out his kindness. But as soon as I saw it- - experienced it for myself. I couldn't give up that kind of feeling... but now he's changing, which means I'm failing and I don't know how to care for him this way." I express, finally getting everything off my chest. Heimdall sighs.

"I believe we have to care for the good and the bad parts of our partners. I think there are all times where we can be good and bad. I believe deeply that there will be a time where Loki is good again. Or as good as Loki can be. You only have to stick with him through his bad parts as well... can you do that?" He asks wisely.

I don't answer immediately. If I had to, I wouldn't know the answer that would fire out of my mouth. But thinking about it... about who I know he is deep down and who I know he can be. I would have to say,

"Yes." I answer confidently, finally looking up at him. He nods, a small smile resting on his face.

"Then all shall be well."

We stand there in silence. Enjoying each other's company.

"Can you see him?" I ask quietly. Hoping he knows I'm referring to Thor.

A glazed look crosses over Heimdalls eyes and I know he's currently checking in. Heimdall nods, a blank expression on his face.

"What do you see?" I ask quietly. Slightly afraid of what's become of him. I know him to be in earth but... he would never talk about everything he experienced, or how well he actually liked earth. He wasn't much for answering questions.

"He is experiencing some difficult tasks. Physically and mentally. It will take much to overcome." He explains.

"Do you think he will?"

Heimdall, seeing the worry on my face, nods softly.

"I know he will."

I eventually make my way back to my room, feeling completely drained. I take off my dress and the cloak I've still been wearing every day since Thor left. I fall into bed after putting on a nightgown and sleep deeply for it is the only time I can truly forget everything.