What Do You Mean? This Doesnt Make Any Sense!

I reach Heimdall who stands just in front of the bifrost room. I walk up face-to-face with him as the glazed look over his eyes disappear.

"Did you know her?" I ask, already knowing he had seen what happened. He nods, a smile to show him thinking of past events crosses his face. I even get a chuckle.

"Oh yes. She could beat me in a fight any day! Like the queen said, she was fierce. Then after a fight, she would help patch up all the swordsmen she defeated. At the end, no one wanted to spar against her; except me of course."

"Were you friends?" I ask as we make our way into the bifrost room. He nods.

"Very close friends. I had even liked her as more than a friend once. But she wanted to go and have adventures on a planet covered in beings called humans." He says, smiling down at me. I gasp, my jaw slack.

"You could've been my dad?" I ask. Heimdall laughs loudly as it even rumbles the room a little bit. He shakes his head, clearly amused.

"No, not at all. Your mother never cared for me that way, and soon after she left I realized how better we were as friends. Best friends. When she came back she told me of you, and I got to tell her what I had realized as well... When she died," He starts saying. I look down at the ground, my heart still aching from what might've been.

"I started watching you. All through your life I wanted to know the girl that my dear friend had created. And when you got here... I didn't exactly know how to react." He admits.

"You know you're kind of like my fairy-godfather. You watch over me Incase I was ever in trouble and instead of a dress and shoes, you give me valuable advice." I smile, knowing that I knew people who had known my mother. Knowing that someone close to my mother had been watching out for me. He smiled as well.

"I guess I am."

"Can you check on Loki for me? He's in Jotunheim. I'm worried about him." I ask after a moment.

The bifrost almost instantly after starts making noise and I smile.

"Loki must be back!" I say, looking up at Heimdall who's eyes were glazed and eyebrows furrowed.

"You need to hide." Heimdall says bluntly, worry trying to be masked in his face. I look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? If Loki's in trouble, I need to help him." I say with such determination. He shakes his head, pushing me towards the archway.

"Hide behind this. Don't talk, don't move. Please listen to me, Rayna." Heimdall begs.

"What do you mean? This doesn't make sense!" I yell out. I stop short, looking around at the desperation in his features and I nod in agreement. He sags before walking out of sight.

The bifrost makes noise of spitting something out. One clang of footsteps on the ground. It's just Loki.

"What troubles you gatekeeper?" Loki asks.

"I turned my gaze upon you in Jotunheim, but could neither see you nor hear you. You were shrouded from me, like the Frost Giants that entered this realm." Heimdall accuses. My brows furrow in confusion. Loki wouldn't do that...

"Perhaps your senses have weakened after your many years of service." Loki suggests. That could happen! Couldn't it?

"Or perhaps someone had found a way to hide that which he does not wish me to see." Heimdall also suggests.

"You have great power, Heimdall. Did Odin ever fear you?" Loki asks.

"No."

"And why is that?" Loki asks.