Promise?

Frigga once again starts leading me through multiple golden hallways and instead of thinking she's about to kill me, I keep asking myself how the hell I'm going to find my way around this place?!

Frigga leads me up to, two large golden doors.

"Are we going in?" I ask after not even a minute of standing in front of them. Frigga smiles but doesn't answer.

I do get my answer soon enough as the doors magically open on their own. We both start walking down along the long carpet. I look back and see in disappointment that two guards stood behind the doors to open them.

Walking closer I could now faintly see Odin sitting on a throne that kind of looked like an open clam with a seat on it. I don't know, maybe it's just me. The large room seemed to be split up in half by large golden pillars, the space  surrounding the entire throne area; two statues of giant guards stand far behind him. Is that water..? I look around and see the only other people in the room were guards. I guess this is a sensitive matter.

"Am I suppose to bow?" I whisper over to her. Frigga shrugs.

"A curtsy never hurt anyone."

We walked and walked in silence. This was really long. Did it need to be? We came to the bottom of the first layer of stairs that then lead to the large throne Odin sat on after another set of stairs. I can't believe I am meeting Odin. I glance up at Frigga before quickly curtsying. Odin gave in return, a curt nod. Oh, how nice.

"How did you come to be in my domain?" He asked. I bit my lip from nerves. I don't think Odin would respond well if I said a simple 'I don't know'.

"A piece of machinery from my world and my," I look over at Frigga for a moment, still confused on how exactly I went back in time. "Time had malfunctioned and when I was... spit out so to speak, I saw myself here." I confess.

"Time travel? Preposterous." He shouted.

"There is no other way to explain what had happened. I am not on earth and I trust your queen enough to believe her when she says I am not in my time." I say immediately after. Odin snaps his eyes to look at her.

"You saw this?" He asked. She nodded, giving him a look I could not understand. Odin sighed but nodded in defeat. He held his hand up to his forehead, leaning on it, looking tired as he closed his eyes.

"You know of us. So am I to presume you know our story, little girl?"He asks, eyes still closed. I look at the ground feelings slightly ashamed.

"I, I um, I'm more into... Greek mythology than Norse. No offense." I end quickly. Odin doesn't move from his same tired position but begins to speak, his voice ringing out through the large and wide room.

"Once, mankind accepted a simple truth. That they were not alone in this universe. Some worlds man believed to be home to their gods. Others, they knew to fear. From a realm of cold and darkness came the Frost Giants, threatening to plunge the mortal world into a new ice age. But humanity would not face this threat alone. As my army and I fought against the Frost Giants there was blood shed, death, and total destruction. Our armies drove the Frost Giants back into the heart of their own world. The cost was great. In the end, their king fell; and the source of their power was taken from them. With the last Great War ended, we withdrew from the other worlds and returned home to the Realm Eternal, Asgard. Here we remain as a beacon of hope, shining out across the stars; and though we have fallen into mans myths and legends, it was Asgard and it's warriors that brought peace to the universe..." Odin trailed off and I assume he was done.

"Do you tell that story a lot? I don't know, I mean it just sounds like really rehearsed." I ramble.

"You dare interrupt me?!" Odin snarls, making me take a step back.