What Are You Doing Here So Late?

All the weeks left of waiting have finally passed as it is now the day before Thor's coronation.

Odin has been beaming with pride, joyous that his son will be Asgard's next king. Frigga, has been happy and smiling, but reeling it in for Loki's sake. Now Loki... Loki has been sort of down. It's expected I guess, the second child of the royal family. Most likely to never become king as Thor will eventually marry and have children of his own. I have tried my best to console him; even when he heads back to the garden to be alone, I join him. Knowing he shouldn't be at a time like this. Both boys to be raised as kings, only one to actually become king. I could never understand what that must feel like. But I can be there in hopes my company will help.

Though it has been weeks, Frigga has not kept her promise. She has not told Loki of his adoption and she has not told me why and when I will be able to tell Loki that I am not asgardian as he thinks, but merely a girl from Madgrid... who just so happens to have a magical power. I feel the lies starting to eat me up inside; every time I ask of her intentions to tell him, she tells me that it will be soon and that we just have to sit still and have patience.

The day before Thor's coronation is not exactly a big deal for me. I have no close relationship with Thor, yet, and I have no part to play within it; so I spend my days as I would any other. Tomorrow is when the real celebration begins.

But that does not mean it is not a big deal for others. The people within the castle, the asgardians who walk across Asgard. I don't think they could be more excited for Thor to be king. From what I heard, he is loved by all.

Like most days- - I am reading. The cool evening air lightly brushing my cheek as I walk the halls of Asgard, currently reading a large book of Norse legends that I'm finding extremely entertaining. As entertaining as they are, I am finding it kind of hard to focus as dozens- - possibly hundreds of workers move around me, my cloak whipping around me from the movement as they carry the decorations and food and a bunch of other stuff I don't recognize, getting ready for tomorrow.

Just as I get out and away from the crowd, I jump as a hand slides across my back. A deep laugh voice rings out and I instantly sigh knowing who it's from.

"Rayna." Thor speaks softly, almost nervously for the first time since I've been here.

"What's wrong?" I ask, trying to read his emotions.

"May I speak with you for a moment?" He asks. I nod. Thor keeps his hand on my back as he leads me to a room that's partially outside, pillars separating the inside from the out. A large hole in the shape of a circle lay in the middle of the room as pillows and cushions lay inside of it. Thor seats us on the edge. Thor continues to look more and more nervous.

"What's going on Thor?" Thor keeps his eyes locked onto the floor as he takes numerous deep breaths. When he looks back up at me his nerves had still yet to calm down.

"As you know, tomorrow, I am to be king of Asgard. Now I know that we have not spent much time together, and that we might not know much about each other yet, but... I was hoping, if you're willing... I would like to announce to the kingdom, that upon becoming their king, I will begin courting... you." He finishes after a moments hesitation.

I find myself unable to move. Or blink. Or breath. This cannot be happening. No, this isn't happening! Period! I realize that I'm just staring at him with no expression on my face, and I would love to move- - if I could. Thor continues to look hopeful as I've given no reaction yet but I can't let him think I'm actually, seriously thinking about taking him up on his offer. Thor has to be single for when he goes to Magrid; he has to meet Jane and fall in love with her to he can be the amazing and normal Thor I know and love- - as a friend. Plus, even if Thor didn't need to be single, I wouldn't want to be with him. I honestly and truly didn't have those feelings for him. I mean, we're barley friends in this present and my own.