Chapter 5

"Dai!"

"Go away, Peter!" I snapped and threw the nearest object at him. It was a pack of cigarettes.

The rest of the guys in the room were now silent.  The guy from earlier was back inside sitting on the coffee table and Peter was furious at me for flirting with his Coyotes. I dragged my hand lazily from this Coyote's mid-thigh, past his zipper, up to his chest and stopped when I got to his neck. My grip rested softly at his neck and my lips still stayed close to his ear.

"Elle, is it?" His attention was finally on me.

I grinned and put myself on his lap, "only if you'll help me."

"Payment first," he rested his hands on my thighs so I slapped them away.

The Coyote chuckled, sounding a bit irritated, "tell me how to fix this, then I'll pay you, then you'll help me." I moved my hand from his neck to his cheek, and I let my thumb graze over his lip.

"You have to cover your pup scar. The only way to do that is to burn another design," he grinned and I let our lips lock. Sodapop would kill me if he found out.

Next thing I knew, Peter was yanking me off of his Coyote friend, "the hell do you think you're doing, little girl?!"

"Fixing what you got me into!" I stood up and pushed Peter away from me.

He grabbed my shoulders and shoved me towards the kitchen, "not only do you have a boyfriend, but Elton is 23!"

I looked at the greaser on the couch and he was back to talking with the other Coyotes, "I'm not doing this for the sex I'm doing this to get my ass out of something you put me in. Not anyone else! You did this!" I shoved myself past him.

Peter grabbed my wrist, turned me around and slapped me across the face. My eyes watered involuntarily along with the tingling sensation that struck my cheek. I slapped him and turned around, grabbed Elton's hand and dragged him towards my bedroom.

"Bed. Now." I tore my shirt off and fell on top of him, smashing my lips into his. Elton didn't hesitate.

-

"Guess what," I approached Sodapop with a smile on my face.

My boyfriend glanced around for a while before stepping closer to me, "please tell me you got out of the Coyotes."

I turned around and lifted my hair out of the way to show that the 'C' had been burned into an 'e' for Elle. Of course all with the help of Elton, the Coyote. Soda softly ran his finger over it then wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"How'd you do it, huh?"

I felt myself start to sweat so I shrugged my shoulders, "I found out my brother lied to me so I made some of his Coyotes help me escape being a pup."

"You didn't do any favors did you?" he lightly kissed my shoulder and turned me back around, "I know about them dogs."

"They're Coyotes," I giggled, "not dogs."

Sodapop glanced around again and nudged me up against the wall of his work, "they're one in the same. No favors, right?"

"Dai, babe," I shook my head and adjusted the popped blue-collar of his DX gas station shirt. "I didn't do anything with any Coyote if that's what you're asking."

My boyfriend smiled and brought his lips to meet mine again. I rested my palms on his shoulders as we kissed each other slowly.

"Buddy?" Me and Sodapop jumped away when we heard Steve's voice. He was supposed to be in the garage. "Ah, hey I need help-" he stopped himself from finishing his sentence when he saw me, "Hey, Elle. I didn't know you'd be here."

"Just visiting," I smiled and gave Steve a hug, "telling Soda some good news."

"News?" he cocked an eyebrow then looked at Sodapop.

I walked around the two of them and made my way for the door, "you know how my brother became a Coyote to be with his girlfriend? Well, I was tricked into becoming a pup. Sodapop begged me out of it so I got some help from more Coyotes."

"Man, you're a pup?" Steve sighed and stood next to Sodapop, "I don't know if I can date a pup."

I made awkward eye contact with Sodapop then chuckled softly, "Steve we talked about this."

"Barely," he walked towards me, "I was even telling Soda here," he glanced at Soda then reached for my hand. "I actually think me and you can be somethin' mighty."

"Stevie..." I muttered and shook my head, "sono serio..."

"How can you be serious about someone if you haven't even introduced us? Sodapop here doesn't know anything of him and y'all are closer than ever," Steve seemed to be getting frustrated again.

Sodapop walked towards us and put his hand on Steve's shoulder, "I did meet him. We decided it's best if she doesn't introduce him until she knows how serious they are."

"You two... oobatz," Steve moved me out of the way and opened the door, "I'll talk to you later, Sodapop," he didn't say anything more to me, he just walked away.

Sodapop sighed, "we have to do something about that... It's getting out of hand."

I glanced at my boyfriend and nodded my head slowly. It's true. If I keep lying to Steve like this, everything will fall apart and by the time me and Sodapop decide to reveal our relationship, Steve will end up hating both of us. And not saying me and Soda are all he has, but I don't think he'd know what to do with himself without both me and Sodapop. We're his best friends anyways and we always have been.

I mean, he doesn't really like Johnny and Ponyboy because he thinks they're too immature. He's okay with Two and Dal, and with Darry, he thinks that he's too bossy when we're around. Which, makes sense. Darry had priorities and so does Soda, and me and Steve are constant distractions.