Chapter 12

"Just tell me what happened, Peter!" I followed my brother around the house, "Dai!"

"I can't, Elle." Peter shoved me away, "I can't."

"You didn't kill him, did you?" I said sarcastically. When he didn't say anything I gasped, "Peter..."

"Shut up," he turned around quickly and pushed me against the wall, "you keep your mouth shut."

My eyes filled with tears and my lip quivered, "you killed L.S."

"I did what I had to do!" Peter yelled at me. He still had me against the wall.

"You killed someone!"

Peter slapped me across the face, "he knows not to touch you! Everyone knows not to fucking touch you!"

"That's why Soda and Steve were acting so weird," I put my hand over my mouth and tears rolled down my cheeks. "They just witnessed a murder."

"Hey," Peter's eyes softened when he noticed me crying, "things are gonna change around here," he ran his thumb across my cheek to wipe my tears away.

"I can't believe you..." I wiped my own tears with the back of my hand and stared up at my brother, "he was only hitting me."

"And I made it clear when I joined the Coyotes that no one is to touch you. You didn't see Elton when you went in there, did you? No, because he left town after that day you and him had sex because he knew I'd get him," Peter backed away from me and continued his way to his bedroom. "I'm head Coyote now."

"He left town or you killed him!? What if you get caught," I followed him down the hallway.

"I didn't touch Elton. I ain't worried about the Coyote's talking. It's a matter of you and your little boyfriends," he glared at me, "I made a promise when you were two, and I was 11 that I would do anything to protect you. When dad finally got put into jail I knew things would switch up around here. But the world is a dangerous place, Elle. Non posso lasciarti ferire come papà ci ferisce."

Peter shut his door and that's when the front door swung open. I jumped and peered around the corner, just to see some of the Brumly boys making themselves comfortable on my couch. I took a deep breath, wiped my eyes dry and entered the living room.

"Hey guys," I walked towards them, and Kurt cocked an eyebrow.

"What the hell happened to you?"

I remembered that my face is bruised and red as hell, so I brought my hands to my face and sat down, "uh," I looked at him, "nothing."

"Does your brother know you look like this?" Kurt moved my hands and studied my face. "This can't feel good."

"Yes," I nodded my head and glanced away, "he took care of it."

The boys laughed, "I feel bad for whoever had to face your brother," Bruce Karan spoke. I stayed quiet.

"Hey, Dal told us what happened between you two," Norman leaned forward, "Out of anyone, you chose Dal?"

"I didn't choose Dal," I shook my head and spoke quieter, "it just happened... I owed him and he didn't let it go."

"It's not like he raped you," Kurt chuckled but I just kind of looked at him, "wait really?"

"Well not entirely," I shook my head and started getting uncomfortable. I looked at the rest of them and they weren't looking at me anymore. I turned around and Peter was standing right behind me.

"Who?"

"No one," I stood up and went into the kitchen.

"Who was it? Your boyfriend?" He walked towards me, "did Sodapop-"

"No!" I snapped and turned around, "Soda didn't touch me."

"Who was it then?" He walked towards the Brumly boys, "come on, jokers, tell me."

"Don't tell him anything," I walked towards them as well.

Peter turned towards me, "someone raped you, why are you trying to protect them?"

"I'm trying to protect us, Peter," I grabbed his wrist and pulled him further away, "you killed someone for hitting me," I whispered. "Anyway I wasn't raped."

"If one of you don't tell me who the hell touched Elle," Peter walked towards the hallway. He disappeared for a moment then came back down the hall with a gun in his hand.

"Peter!" I walked towards him but he shoved me away.

"Come on, Brumlys! Who touched her?" Peter stood at the end of the couch.

Kurt stood up, "like she said... He technically didn't rape her."

"Did you tell him no?" My brother kept his gun pointed at the boys.

"At first... But only because I was cheating on Sodapop. Dally never hurt me."

"Elle!" The Brumlys yelled.

Peter stuffed his gun into the waistband of his jeans and grabbed his keys off the coffee table. I realized what I had said then ran out the door before my brother could. The Brumly boys were following right behind me. I already knew where he'd be. Curtis house.

I watched my brother's car speed down the street. He came to an abrupt stop at the Curtis house and ran inside without warning. By the time the rest of us got there, most of the gang was struggling to hold back my brother, the gun was already wrestled from his hand and Dally was standing nervously at the other end of the room.

"You told him!?" Sodapop struggled to hold my brother back. The Brumly boys assisted.

"They were talking about it and," I glanced at Dally, "and I accidentally told him that it was Dally."

"Well you heard what happened with L.S.," Sodapop looked at me, "people won't notice his disappearance but if Dallas doesn't live past this, Peter won't either. He'll get the chair, Elle."

"Shut up!" Peter wrestled from their arms, but didn't go for Dal, he grabbed Sodapop by the shirt and pushed him against the bookcase on the wall. I watched Sodapop wince in pain. "You just told this whole house what happened with the Coyotes!"

My head started spinning. I walked towards them, "don't touch Sodapop," I grabbed my brother's arm and tried tugging him away. Things flashed, and I fell to the floor.