Chapter 15

Tensions were high all around me. Of course, my brother killed someone for me, so it's hard for me to look at him without being reminded of it. Plus Dallas skipped town in literal fear of being murdered. Steve still hates me. Ponyboy is growing less and less fond of me because I called Sodapop an idiot. Me and Soda are on edge, and honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if we broke up soon. Oh yeah and not to mention the growing pressure of me becoming a Coyote since now my brother is gang leader.

Everyone was busy, of course. Steve and Sodapop were doing their shift at the DX, Two-bit was running Pony and Johnny around town and Darry was also at work. I didn't want to be around any of them anyway, but being alone at home is kind of boring. I live in deep fear of walking out of my house completely alone though because even though my brother leaves this huge impression that I am to be left untouched, there are people like L.S., or Dally who just don't care.

I heard the front door open and waited until I knew it was Peter. I went into the living room and saw that he had some of the Coyotes with him.

"Mmm, our lost pup," one of them smirked and sat on the couch, "what L.S. did to you was rough."

"Shut it, Milton. Leave her alone," Peter walked towards me and pointed for me to go back to my bedroom.

I frowned, "I'm bored, Pete. I wanna hang out with you guys."

"Go hang out with Soda or something, Elle. I don't want you around Coyotes when you refuse to be one."

"Me and Sodapop are fighting," I sighed and made my way towards the couch, "he's at work anyway."

Peter glared at me and the rest of the coyotes made sure not to sit next to me. I glanced at the three Coyotes in the room and only when Peter went outside to smoke a cigarette did they start talking to me.

"Elton told us how you were, Bovino," the tallest one sat on the couch, still keeping his distance from me, "you have a boyfriend?"

"I do have a boyfriend, yes. Uh, he is one reason why I can't be a Coyote. I love him and if I were a Coyote I couldn't be with him," I bit my bottom lip gently and didn't make eye contact.

Milton chuckled, "hun, you're 16 and you got half of the east side scared to touch you. Your brother knows that you and this boy you speak of have sex, right?"

"I don't flaunt my sex life in my brothers face, man," I shook my head, "I'm pretty sure he knows but we don't speak about it, and he knows what kind of guy my boyfriend is."

The blonde Coyote licked his lips, "babe, if we got you into the Coyotes we'd be on our way to the top. We're right behind the Manpatts and you're that edge we need."

"Voi coyote siete golosi," I stood up then slowly sat back down because I remembered I have nothing better to do.

"You're just like your brother," the blonde one snickered, "I'm Miles by the way."

"What makes you say I'm like Peter? I would never kill someone."

"You speak in another language when you're frustrated," he chuckled, "I like when you do it though."

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "I'm 16."

"I'm 18, so be it," Miles licked his lips, "Elton is in his 20s, doll and you were quick to ride him."

"He did me a favor. I was only repaying him."

"You're a Coyote, doll. Coyotes date Coyotes," Miles put his arms up on the back of the couch and smirked at me.

Peter walked back in as he was saying that, "all these dogs want is to get my position when I'm gone," Peter sat next to me, "they think by dating my sister it'll send them on their way to being my vice."

Miles chuckled, "aye, Pete I ain't shallow," he winked at me, "our pup has a body on her, and any one of our girls would have been out by the first hit and she stayed standing while L.S. beat her."

"And I ought to clock every one of you for not getting my sister away from him," Peter put his arm around my shoulders so I rolled my eyes, "keep your mouth shut and minds off her."

"Let the boys do their flirting. I have a boyfriend, it's okay, Pete," I crawled over him and sat down next to Miles.

"I think we proved it doesn't stop you from sleeping with guys," Peter stood up because he was getting annoyed, "I don't see why you even have a boyfriend if you're gonna be like this all the time."

"It's harmless, Peter," I assured him and turned towards Miles. In a quieter voice, I spoke, "right? It's harmless."

"Up until someone dies," the blonde smirked and put his arm around my shoulders. "If you have a boyfriend, where is he?"

"At work," I stood up and walked to the kitchen, Miles following right behind me.

Miles licked his lips and trapped me against the counter, his hands being on both sides of me and his face real close to mine. He smelled of cigarettes, which I don't mind it's just something I'm not used to with Sodapop since he doesn't do it all the time.

"What's it like being a Coyote?" I spun a strand of brown hair on my finger and smiled at him.

He shrugged, "become one and find out, babe."

"I told you, I can't. I'm dating a White Blade," I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"They're a joke. There's like six of them," Miles rolled his eyes. "Your brother is head Coyote, doll. It's bound to happen."

"My brother drove the last guy I slept with out of town, Miles and he was a White Blade. So as of now, there are six but as soon as Winston comes back they'll be 7."

"Wow your numbers are up high," he rolled his eyes, "be a Coyote, babe. Become a pup."

"She doesn't want to be a damn pup, get away from her," Sodapop spoke.

"Excuse me?" Miles turned around and walked towards Soda, "who the hell are you?"

"That's my boyfriend," I stepped between the two and faced Soda, "what are you doing here?"

"Your brother called me at work and told me you were all up on one of his Coyotes so I had Steve cover me," Soda tugged me away from Miles, "every time I leave you alone, Elle, you're all up on some other guy."

"Aye, man it's harmless," Miles snickered and put his arm around my shoulders.

Soda tore me away, "you shut up and don't touch her."

"Babe, calm down," I put my hands on Soda's face and made him look at me. "What's gotten into you?"

"Me?" He grabbed me by the shoulders and moved me out of the kitchen, "you can't keep your eyes off other guys!"

"Don't touch me," I shoved him away and went to walk to the couch but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. "You're being an ass, Soda."

"And I'm tired of you cheating on me. You weren't like this until people started finding out about us," he shoved me towards the hallway but I hit his arms away from me.

"Non," I walked towards the couch again so Sodapop grabbed my shoulders.

"I don't want to talk in front of these Coyotes," Soda moved me towards the hallway once more, but Peter stopped Soda and pushed him away from me.

"I didn't call you here to treat her like this."

"Pete, stop," I sighed and grabbed Sodapop's hand, "he's just-"

Peter interrupted me, "he's just throwing you around that's what he's doin', Elle."

Sodapop rolled his eyes at the both of us, "I gotta get back to work. We'll talk about this later." My boyfriend left my house and suddenly I felt guilty. Soda wasn't being aggressive like Peter thought he was. And I do actually want to talk to him.