Chapter 25

"Ex-boyfriend, huh?" Jenson decided to be the first Coyote to bring it up. "Looks to me like we haven't decided."

I rolled my eyes, "he's the one who dumped me. I had no control over it," I leaned against a tree.

"What'd you do, huh, little one?" Camilo chuckled, "why'd he dump you?"

I shrugged, "cheated on him."

"Oh yeah, I heard you had sex with Elton," Wiley piped up, "hell, we haven't seen or heard of him since Pete threatened him."

"It was with Dallas too, which is why Sodapop got so mad at him back there. There was a lot of trust issues mainly, Sodapop didn't want to continue dating."

Axe scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder, "you're young, Elle. Don't worry about boys so much. Might end up pregnant."

I laid limp in his arms but rolled my eyes, "I don't have sex as often as everyone thinks."

"Put her down," I heard Sodapop.

Axe grumbled under his breath, Wiley took me in his arms and set me on my feet in front of them, "huh?" Axe stared at Soda.

Soda walked towards me, "she's 16. I'm telling you to leave her be. All of you."

"And," Miles approached Soda. "last time I checked she's not in your gang."

"Last time I checked she wasn't your girl," Soda got the same fiery look in his eye that he did when he found out about me and Dally.

Jenson laughed, "last time we all checked she ain't yours either. You dumped her."

I sighed and seen the rest of the White Blades walk in our direction. "Coyotes," I muttered. "Boys," I said a little louder.

"What's goin' on here?" Steve perched his elbow on Soda's shoulder. Soda made the mistake of shoving Axe, which began a whole other argument.

"Coyotes, stand down," I started getting frustrated especially with Soda. More shoving got involved and right before the first punch was thrown I got it to stop by yelling at my boys. "Coyotes!" I yelled, "walk away!"

The five of them snarled at the White Blade gang and walked behind me. I shoved past Sodapop and my boys followed me. I felt powerful. This was the first time I was able to get a group of my dogs to listen to me after all.

Camilo put his arm around my shoulders, "I don't like him."

"Go hang out or something," I rolled my eyes, "I'm done." I walked further to the right and the Coyotes didn't follow me.

-

I was sitting alone for some time but after a little while Miles came over. He stood at my feet, "we can leave."

"No. I promised Steve I'd watch him race."

Miles offered a hand up and I took it. "Pretty girl like you don't need to be sitting here all alone, huh?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know... Do I?"

"I don't think you do," he tucked hair behind my ear and smiled, "Elle you're fine."

"I guess I just miss my boyfriend," I glanced down, "I'm sorry."

"You're odd," Miles tilted my chin up, "you act all badass, telling people off and strutting your shit," he grinned, "then you realize who you really are and you get all down like you are now."