Chapter 9

Elle's POV

-

I walked into the Curtis' house thinking Steve was at work so I could hang with Sodapop, but low and behold he was sitting at the table talking to Dallas. All three of them, Steve, Sodapop and Dallas were in the same room. Dally shot me a grin from across the room so I avoided eye contact and met Sodapop at the couch.

"Steve told them all," Soda stood up before I sat down, "I'm sorry, hun I know how much you wanted this to stay a secret," he made sure Steve wasn't looking at us before he kissed me.

Dally stood up from his place at the table and walked towards us. I held my breath and hoped he wouldn't fuck with me.

"You sure hit the jackpot, Curtis," Dally rubbed his hands together, "If I know anything.."

"Shut up, Winston," I shoved him away and took a deep breath, "nothing should change..."

Dally and I stared at eachother for a moment but luckly Sodapop got uncomfortable so he locked his hand with mine and walked down the short hallway with me to his bedroom.

"It's weird, Soda, being able to be around you when everyone else is around," I bit my bottom lip and shook my head, "I still want to stay on the down low... I know everyone knows but I don't want anything to change."

He cocked an eyebrow, "meaning, continue to sneak around, or do this," he sat on his and Pony's bed and tilted his head, "I don't mind going into separate rooms when we're making out but if they know about us I want to be able to hold your hand in front of them."

"I don't. Especially not in front of Steve since I know this kills him," I sat on his lap and pushed his bangs to the side, "I love you, but it's gonna cause too much problems, you know?"

Sodapop rolled his eyes, "I don't think I do know, Elle."

I slid myself off his lap and landed on the bed next to him, "this is hard enough already."

"I don't get why it has to be so damn hard, babe. They know, so lets let them all know that this isn't just a show were putting on for them. Let's show them that me and you are going places," Sodapop stood up and I could tell he was getting upset.

"We don't need to prove anything to them!" I raised my voice when I probably shouldn't have. One thing about keeping our relationship a secret, we never fight over our relationship. This is a first. Sure, I've yelled at Soda before but not like this. Not as a couple.

"My brothers don't want me dating a Coyote, Elle, but I'm staying with you because I don't care what they think!"

I stood up now, "I'm not a Coyote."

"Close enough to one," Soda opened his door so I stormed out. "You don't make sense to me, Elle!"

"I'm sorry I'm the one who had to find out that every single male in my life stares at my ass!" I shoved past Steve because he was standing in the way of the livingroom.

"What do I have to do with that?!" Sodapop lunged towards me and grabbed my wrist.

I shoved him away from me and looked up at him, "you weren't hurt by any of this. Sure, Steve won't talk to you but you have no idea what kind of blackmail I have on my shoulders right now. You weren't humiliated in front of me by Steve and you don't have to keep this a secret from anyone anymore! If a Coyote finds out I have a boyfriend who isn't in the Coyotes, they won't hurt me but they'll hurt Peter. And if my brother doesn't come home one night because of our relationship," I shook my head and rolled my eyes, "that'd be it, Sodapop."

"Who is blackmailing you?" He questioned, again not letting me leave the room. "I can deal with those people, Elle."

"No you can't," I shook my head and did everything in my power to not look at Dallas. All three boys were staring at me as I stood in the living room. I opened my mouth to speak and shook my head instead.

"Im sorry for yellin-"

"No, Soda. Don't give me that shit... I gotta go," I walked out the door and took an deep breath. I leaned against the porch beam and bit my cheek with frustration.

"I'm not gonna tell him, you know," I heard Dally's voice behind me. "I'm an ass, but I won't try to break your relationship."

"You shouldn't have made me do it in the first place."

"You enjoyed it, Elle. The only thing you hated about it was that you were cheating on Sodapop," Dally brushed hair behind my ear and sighed out slowly. He opened his mouth to keep talking but was interrupted, startling both of us.

"You cheated on me?"

I held my breath and bit my lip, "huh?" I turned towards Sodapop who had his car keys in his hand, probably was leaving his house to come find me.

Sodapop shoved Dallas away from me, "you and Dal?"

"No..." I reached for Soda but he then stepped away from me too. "Seriously, Sodapop it meant nothing to me."

"Why, huh?" Soda threw his keys to the wall of the house and raised his voice, "how long ago?"

"The night we told Steve..." I muttered. "Dally had known, because like I told you, he put pieces together. And I forgot that he told me that I owe him for keeping our secret. He showed up and I was going to stop it but... It's Dallas," I glanced at Dally who was standing there awkwardly.

Sodapop looked at Dal, "so you raped Elle?"

"I didn't do anything like that, Soda, geeze. She promised me something and I got what I was promised. She didn't put up a fight. She just complained until she stopped thinking about you."

Sodapop stared at Dallas, knew he couldn't do anything about him so he looked at me and went inside of his house.

"Look, Elle," Dally stepped towards me and dpoke real low but I shoved him away and choked back any tears.

I stepped towards Dallas again and got real close to his face, "Pagherai per questo. Tieni gli occhi aperti perché non mi fermerò finché non sarai miserabile." Dal grabbed my face and kissed my lips roughly, so I stomped on his foot and slapped him, "il pane di metallo," I said through clenched teeth and began walking away.

"You're hot when you speak italian, baby," Dally grinned.

"vai all'inferno," I walked down the steps and left through the gate.