Chapter 18

I sat in bed with nothing to do. Usually when I get bored I'd head over to the White Blade's but you know, my now ex boyfriend will definitely be there. I'm not even in the gang, so there is no way any of them will want to hang out with me when me and Sodapop just broke up.

There was a knock at my door so I groaned, "come in?"

It was Steve. I stared at him for a long moment then got up, "Stevie..."

"I can't believe you'd hurt Soda so much that he'd want to break up with you. He's sad, Elle and you don't seem to care." Steve stood with his arms crossed.

I scoffed, "he dumped me. Am I supposed to go over and try to win him back? It's over, Steve. I'm sad about it and if I talked to him right now I'd make matters worse."

"Why'd you have to go and cheat on him," Steve shook his head, "he's never done you wrong and you cheated on him twice and he found you with three other guys outside of those two."

I walked towards Steve, "you have no right, Steve. Get out of my room." I shoved him so he brought his hand up and slapped me. My room echoed with the sound of the slap and I winced quietly. Steve has hit me before, but of course it was when we were best friends. It was always playful. The look on his face made him seem like he regretted it that time, but his words said otherwise.

"You're a slut, Elle. Become a Coyote. Fuck a Coyote. See what the rest of us care," he turned around and exited my room, then my house.

I got angry and followed him out, "you won't see the light of day when I tell Peter!"

"Let him kill me, I don't care! You deserve way more then a slap across the face and a rude name," he flipped me off and got into his car.

I turned around and Peter was right behind me. I smelled the alcohol from where I was standing, but still I grinned, "Steve, Peter. He hit me."

"I ought to," he put his hand on the pressure point at the back of my neck and his hands gripped tightly, "you think you can get away with anything now?"

"No..." I gasped and tried resisting but Peter's too strong for me. His fingers only pressed into my pressure points but it hurt.

He pushed me into my room and shut the door behind me. I backed up until I couldn't anymore, then I crawled over my bed and backed up until I hit my wall on the other side.

"You seem to think everything is a joke, Elle. I don't protect you because I love beating people up. I made a pact with myself that with dad being gone, and what he did to us, I'd do anything to keep you untouchable. Man, I want to do nothing but beat you sometimes as well." He stayed standing by my door. We stared as we stood across the room from eachother.

I gulped, "I don't mean to hurt anyone," my hands were now shaking so I stuffed them into my pockets.

He huffed and chuckled, "you do though. Because you're stupid enough to show up somewhere that you know you 100% don't belong, I got someone killed. Winston skipped town because you made it seem like he raped you."

"I didn't want to have sex with him, he did rape me!"

"You owed him and you know it! You make it seem like he did one moment then when it gets said out loud, you deny the fact that you wanted it." Peter slammed his fist against my wall. "You're a girl, Elle. You're not just one of the guys and I don't know why you can't see that. We don't have to worship you, or treat you like you're higher than us like you want us to.-"

I cut him off, "so whenever a guy wants to have sex with me I'm just supposed to smile and say 'of course', Peter?!"

"Yes!" He walked towards me, "girls aren't here to make the world a better place, they're here to spit out babies and please their husband."

I knew what was coming but I couldn't back up any further. I slid myself sideways against the wall until I met the corner but that still meant I was trapped.

"Please don't," I whimpered.

"You are meant to stand there, look pretty, get a husband then die. No one will remember you, Elle. Absolutely no one cares about the females of society. All this crap you see on tv about girls 'owning themselves' and this damn feminist crap, or whatever is just manipulative trash talk to ruin lives of girls like you who think its okay to go against male order," he was still slowly walking towards me.

I looked up at him, "you didn't take your meds, did you," my lip quivered as I spoke to my older brother standing above me. "Go take your management pills, Peter. Before you do something you'll regret."

Things began to take off. Peter grabbed me by the arms and pushed me onto my bed. I screamed, "what did you take? What else are you on?!" I struggled to get away from my bed because of his grip on me.

"Shut it," he muttered through a clenched jaw as he backhanded me across the face.

Peter began undressing me. I screamed and hoped for anyone to show up to my house. Anyone. I let myself cry finally. Sobs escaped my mouth as I still tried to get away from him. As I got louder, Peter got more aggressive. Eventually he clapped his hand over my mouth and I was left screaming into his palm. Very soon after, I fainted.