Chapter 22

I had all of my boys, the Coyotes, White Blades and the Brumly Boys following behind me as we piled out of numerous cars. The Key Men were already waiting for us anyway.

"You were told not to come, Bovino," Jeffrey D'Lano approached me. "This is to be settled between men."

"Well these are my boys. You call for a rumble against my gang and I'm sure as hell to show up and watch them beat your sorry asses." I turned around to walk away but Jeffrey grabbed ahold of my shoulder.

Quickly, Sodapop and some of the Coyotes rushed towards us. His hand was pried off of me and that made him angry.

"Le ho toccato la spalla! Ti comporti come se l'avessi appuntata a terra!"

I turned around and walked closer to Jeffery, "everyone knows not to touch me. My brother and my father went to prison for touching me and the last leader of the Coyotes ended up dead for touching me. non toccarmi." I crossed my arms, "are we doing this or not?"

"Si," he grumbled and turned away.

I felt a hand connect with mine and knew it was Soda. He began walking away with me, "you can't get in the way like the last fight, Elle. There's more people this time."

"Don't tell me what to do you're not my boyfriend," I shook my hand from his and walked to one of the Coyote's car. I climbed onto the hood. "Listen up, greasers. No weapons, just fists. First to back down loses!" I announced.

"e se vincessimo?" A Key Men piped up. The rest began muttering.

I glanced at the Coyotes, "if you win you can have me. No catch, we'll tattoo over my Coyote tatt."

More mutters sounded through the foggy area. I was assisted off of the car by one of the Coyotes and as soon as my feet touched the ground, the fight began. Dust was being kicked up all around and clouds of dirt formed around us all. I coughed and squinted my eyes in order to see what was going on. I moved behind the cars, and as I was doing that we heard sirens. Right then, everyone began to flee.

"Elle!" Soda shouted for me and a moment passed until I saw him looking around for me. I ran towards him and at that point, the graveyard was nearly empty except for the people still running away.

Cops pulled up and Soda grabbed my hand. A couple guys got tackled as they tried running so I tore my hand away from Soda's, "you have to go you can't get arrested." I glanced around and shoved him, "run."

"Elle come on," he yanked my wrist so I pulled again.

"Go. I'll call you," I wrapped my hand around his neck and rubbed my thumb on his jawline, "I'll take the blame for it all, Soda."

He kissed me as I finished my sentence but I shoved him away soon enough because my hands were torn from around him and put behind my back. Soda ran off as he saw another cop heading in our direction but I was already handcuffed because I was pointed out as the gang leader by one of the Key Men.

"Loosen them, will ya?!" I teased the cop as he shoved me into a cop car stuffed with two other Coyotes, "c'mon I'll give you a kiss?"

The door was shut on me and the other two Coyotes chuckled and shook their heads. "We won't be in for long if no one talks. And no ones bound to talk from either end because they know it'll get em killed."

"Knowing my luck I'll see yall in 6 months," I leaned my head against the back of the hard plastic seat, "life sucks... And then you die and it'll all be okay for the first time."

-

Sodapop's POV

-

I ran off until I heard the footsteps stop behind me. I continued walking until I got home, where the rest of my gang was already waiting for me inside. A look of relief was brought over all their faces when I walked through the door and Darry immediately hit me upside the head.

"We thought you got caught kid," Darry grabbed ahold of my shoulders and shook his head.

"Where's Elle?" Steve piped up before anyone could say anything else to me.

I glanced at Steve and rubbed my hand over my face, "she got caught. Hauled in. We could have gotten away but it was like she wanted to get arrested."

"She's tuff," Dally pat my shoulder, "she can take care of herself in there."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "she has a gang to lead."

"Why'd you dump her if you can't handle being away from her?" Darry sat in his chair. "Soda you need to make up your mind about her."

"She was my best friend before she was my girlfriend. I didn't break up with her because I don't love her, I did it because she can't be with just me." I walked towards the hall but Steve stopped me.

"You let her get arrested? She's the leader of a gang, Sodapop. She'll be the only one getting time if anyone talks," Steve grabbed my arm.

I moved away, "think about it. She lost me, her brother, you," I stuffed my hand into my pockets, "I hate to say it but I think she got hauled in on purpose."

"It'd make sense, you know. But just listen, Elle, is good about herself and if I know the boys, the Coyotes, and the Key Men, none of them should be talking. It's risky." Dally reassured me.

"Hey, when did you get back in town anyway?" I walked towards Dal, "I saw you at the Rumble n was kind of surprised."

Dally adjusted himself like he got uncomfortable, "I heard Bovino got hauled in. I seen Elle and some of the boys sitting around and I wish I knew that he did some damage on her before I basically threw myself on her. The broad passed out, man. It wasn't until she woke up that I found out what happened."

The room kind of went quiet, "the only guy shes made contact with since its happened has been Sodapop. It's rough on the rest of us, her gang and the Brumly's but we're all understanding. I saw the bruises," Darry muttered. "I don't see how a guy could touch his sister or any girl like that for that matter."

"I don't want to think about what went down in there, Darry. I don't." I snapped.

Dally sat forward, "what happened? She just kind of ranted that Peter made her faint then had sex with her."

I stuffed my clenched fists into my pockets, "Peter was mad that Elle was going around flirting. He yelled at her saying women are here for one thing and one thing only, to please men. He yelled at her and undressed her until she passed out, beat her, raped her, and left her on the floor wrapped in her sheets. He didn't think she'd talk but we all showed up as she was getting out of the shower. She flinched and freaked out when I touched her so I knew something was up. She showed me the bruises and I narrowed it down to Peter. The Coyotes that were in the house at the time beat his ass and Pony called the cops. She's at least talking to men now. But she won't let any guy touch her."

Pony pat my shoulder, "I know a couple of guys who like her, man. She's free-range again."

I sighed, "I really don't want her dating anyone."

Steve scoffed, "man, you broke up with her. Plus she's in jail and won't let anyone who isn't you get too close to her. I don't think there will be too many problems."

I didn't want to start another fight so I turned around and went to my room. The house was quiet for the rest of the night. It wasn't until after dark that I went out with Dal and Steve.

𝘙𝘌𝘋 (The Outsiders) ·Sodapop Curtis· [Finished] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें