Chapter 11

I watched Peter clench his fist and go towards L.S. as soon as he turned his back, but my older brother took a deep breath and walked towards me instead, "what the hell are you doing here," he helped me to my feet and walked me to the door. "You must be stupid to show up here."

"I wasn't thinking," I couldn't feel the left side of my face and my jaw bone felt dislocated between him and when Alec Manpatt grabbed my face. Since Luther was right handed and only used that hand to slap me, my other half of my face felt fine.

Tanner was following behind us but Peter stopped walking as soon as we got far enough away from the Coyote house. He turned my face and I watched him get more and more mad by the second. He shook his head and glanced at Tanner.

"I don't know who you are, but take her to her boyfriend's house. I have to deal with this," Peter shoved me into the arms of Tanner and ran back in the direction we came from.

Tanner began walking with me, "Curtis house, right?" Tanner asked quietly.

"It's only a couple streets down," I nodded my head and watched my nose blood drip onto the sidewalk, leaving a faint trail.

Me and Tanner walked in silence. This was all fun and games at first. As soon as we got to the house, I ran inside the gate, Tanner followed me and I opened the door to the house. They've never seen me cry. Sodapop did that one time a couple days ago, but Pony, Steve and Sodapop were all inside.

"What the hell," Steve walked towards me and his eyes immediately shifted to Tanner standing behind me. "What the hell did you do to her?" He shoved Tanner against the wall and flipped out a switch blade.

"It wasn't him," I sobbed, "it was a Coyote."

Sodapop came from the hallway, ready to yell at me because of earlier but as soon as he opened his mouth he saw what I looked like.

"Babe," he walked towards me so I walked into his arms and cried some more. I've been beaten up before. But never like this. It's always either against a girl, or some random Soc. Never a gang leader and especially never someone as big as L.S.

I looked up at Soda, "this was my Karma."

"Who did this," he looked at Pony and mouthed something to him. A couple seconds later, Ponyboy put an ice pack in my hands.

"Luther Sebastian," I put the ice against my face and slowly calmed myself down before anyone else came home and saw me crying. "Peter is there right now."

"Go, Steve. Coyote's house, a couple blocks down," Sodapop walked me to the couch and sat me down, "I'll be back. Stay here with Pone," he kissed my forehead and looked at Tanner, "I don't care who you are, you're coming with us." Soda, Steve and Tanner ran out the door.

-

Sodapop's POV

-

We made it to the Coyote house and the door was already open. Inside, we saw Peter, Elle's brother, on top of the leader of the Coyotes, punching him. The room looked odd. The rest of the Coyotes just sat there as the newest member of the Coyotes beat up the leader of the gang. I saw that Luther was already laying limp, so I jumped in and grabbed Peter, pulling him away.

"Ti ucciderò per quello che le hai fatto! Ha solo sedici anni!" Peter yelled at L.S. and lunged towards him once more and pulled out his pocket knife. We all know that no one touches Elle in Peter's book. Hell, one time she came home with a black eye and Peter had that person jumped by a mob of Coyotes. If L.S. had done anything worse to her I couldn't imagine what kind of hell would break loose. On that note, if he found out that Dal took advantage of her, I don't know where Dal would stand right now. "Un uomo di trent'anni non dovrebbe toccare un adolescente! Non stai uscendo da qui vivo!"

I've never heard more Italian spoken in a row in my life but somehow I understood what he was saying. "Peter, no!" I yelled, that's when Steve jumped in with me and tried holding his hand back to assist me. "Elle wouldn't want you to!"

"Stupido!" Elle's older brother is a lot bigger, and older than me and Steve so we were the ones being jolted around. "Ho detto a ognuno di voi di lasciare sola Elle!" He pulled his hand back further and slammed it down into his chest. "tocca mia sorella!" Me and Steve looked at each other and let go of Peter. He tore the knife from his chest and stabbed him again, "marcire All 'inferno!" I stood up and watched Peter, "hai scopato con la famiglia sbagliata!"

He killed him in Italian. The room was sent into a panic. The knife was taken from his hands, he was pushed into the bathroom and bleach, garbage bags and lots of rags were brought into the room. The girls all left the room to let the boys clean up and me, Steve and Tanner were forced to help clean. Two guys worked on getting L.S. up and into a bag. He was then lifted and brought outside, into a car. Those two immediately took off.

We mopped up blood with bleach and towels. I looked at Steve and he looked just as scarred as I felt. We just witnessed a murder. I'm dating the little sister of a murderer.

A bonfire was started in the back, and every time we needed a new towel, we were to put the bloody ones into the fire. It seemed like this wasn't the first time this has happened. They seemed to have a perfectly set routine in hand and somehow we became a part of it.

After an hour all the blood was off the floor and the room wreaked of bleach. We weren't ever told to keep quiet, but some of the guys kept sending the three of us looks. Peter came out of the bathroom and his old clothes were put into the fire. Almost immediately, they all seemed to worship him. It was never said, but Peter is now the leader of the Coyotes. Makes sense, you murder the leader, you are the leader. Luther Sebastian won't be missed though.

"Go home, Curtis. Don't tell Elle what happened here," Peter walked towards me, "don't tell anyone what happened here."

I felt unable to speak. I looked at Steve, whoever the guy who was with us, then walked out the door. We went back to my house. Steve sat at the table and I sat down next to Elle.

"Peter took care of it," I nodded and looked at Elle who was now cleaned up. There wasn't any blood on her clothes or face anymore and she was wearing one of my t-shirts. "Anyway... Who is this guy?"

"You guys stink," she coughed and covered her nose with the bloody towel she had been using anyway, "That's Tanner Manpatt. The whole reason we went into the Coyote house in the first place was because Alec Manpatt was chasing us," she glanced at Tanner, "you can go home if you want. Or hang out, I don't care."

"I'll see ya later, Bovino," Tanner waved at Elle and walked out the door.

"You brought a Manpatt here?" I shook my head, "you and Ponyboy are one in the same. You don't use your head."

"He barely talks. He can't do any harm," she sunk herself into me but stayed holding the icepack to her face and towel to her nose. "I'm sorry, Soda. For everything with Dal, and what just happened."

"Shh," I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes, "I think you should talk to your brother tonight..."

"Are you two okay?" She cocked an eyebrow at me then looked across the room at Steve. "Stevie."

"I'm fine," he muttered and didn't take his eyes off the center of the table.

"Don't give me that shit," she shook her head and walked towards Steve. "You two are both acting weird."

"We're fine, Elle. Talk to Peter," Steve stood up and rubbed his hands over his face, "I'll see you at work, bud," Steve walked past me and pat my shoulder, then walked out the door.

"Sodapop, tell me what's going on," Elle begged me.

I rubbed my hands over my face, "don't ever speak to Peter of what you and Dallas did. Of what he did to you," I stood up. "Unless you never wanna see Dal again."

"Okay what the hell went on in that house?!" Elle followed me out the door and I began walking in the direction of her house.

"I'm taking you home. I just need you to listen. Don't tell Peter about Dallas. If your brother wants to tell you what happened, so be it. But I can't."