Chapter 13

Peter's POV

-

I had Elle's boyfriend against the wall, I knew she was the only one fighting me off him but a couple of seconds after she latched onto me, she collapsed to the floor.

"Elle," Steve rushed towards her, Dallas ran out the door with the Brumlys but everyone else in the room paid attention to Elle.

I let go of Soda and kneeled down, then looked at them all, "does Dallas talk?" I looked at Sodapop.

"Huh?" He kneeled down next to Elle as well.

"Does he talk? Will he or any of those Brumlys tell anyone, any feds, that I killed Luther Sebastian?" I picked Elle up and moved her to the couch.

"No. We may all be in separate gangs, but we're still living on the east side," Darrel pat my shoulder. "No one's gonna narc, Pete. You did it for Elle."

"She's never hurt anyone a day in her life," I rubbed my hand over her cheek, "even when our dad was beating the living daylights out of her she'd wake up and say 'dad isn't mad at me, is he?'..." I looked at the White Blade gang, "she loved her biggest abuser," I sighed and put my head down, "I'd sit with her... Our dad would beat her until she passed out mostly of fear, and I'd sit with her until she woke up, and," I shook my head and looked at her boyfriend, "why does she get the worst of it?"

"So this isn't the first time she's fainted?" Sodapop sat at her head on the couch.

I shook my head, "she'd pass out out of pain when our dad would hit her, but she'd randomly faint when he'd hit me. This time, she fainted because I was on you." I basically became my dad. Like I told Soda, when she faints it's because shes overwhelmed and scared for me. This time, she was overwhelmed and scared for Sodapop.

"Hey, no hard feelings, Peter." Soda pat my shoulder and moved some hair out of Elle's eyes. "Elle is strong. I know you promised to watch over her but if you get into any more trouble you won't be able to. Showing up here with a gun ain't gonna rest well."

"You heard what he did to her, right?" I stood up, "he basically raped my sister and I ain't gonna let him get away with it."

"Dal isn't like that, are you sure?" Steve looked at us.

I was about to open my mouth but Soda spoke before me. "He found out about us before anyone else," Sodapop shook his head and began explaining what happened, "she promised him a favor to keep the secret and she knew what she was getting herself into when she did. Dally showed up to get what he was promised, she tried refusing because she came to her senses about cheating on me," I hated hearing about Elle like this but I kept listening. He paused for a second so I looked at him and could tell he was getting upset.

I was finally comprehending what actually happened. "Once it started she enjoyed it," I nodded my head and sat down. Damn.

Sodapop stood up and rubbed his hands over his face then walked away. I stayed on the floor and stared at Elle's bruised face. The room was now silent. The rest of the White Blade gang didn't dare say anything. Once in a while, we heard a crash coming from Sodapop's bedroom, indicating he had thrown something at the floor or wall, but that was about it.

-

Elle's POV

-

I woke up and I finally had feeling in my face, which I hadn't since everything with Luther happened. I felt like if I moved my mouth I'd start crying so I decided not to talk. I glanced over and saw Peter sitting next to me, but he was the only one in the room. We were in Sodapop's living room still.

"They're both fine," Peter muttered and brought his hand to my cheek, "I'm not gonna do anything to Winston."

I sat up and rolled myself onto my brother's lap. I wrapped my arms around him and hid my face in his chest. We haven't done this, he hasn't had to sit with me until I came conscious since I was 14. Peter wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. We didn't talk or say anything like we usually would. We just sat there.

-

Sodapop walked into the house with Ponyboy, Steve and Johnny behind him. I was still sitting on the floor with Peter, and we had been like that for about an hour. I looked up at them, then laid my head back into Peter's chest.

"Get her ice, Soda. She hasn't spoken yet, I think the pain finally got to her," Peter adjusted how he was sitting but kept holding me.

You could probably guess, but Peter on the outside is hard as nails. He has a couple of tattoos lining his arms, he has a strong build and he is a lot taller than me. Same dark brown hair as I have, but we don't really look alike. I look more like my mom, and unfortunately, he looks more like our dad. On the inside though, when it comes to me, Peter is great. He gets aggressive, and he yells a lot. But he cares about me and I ain't ever seen him do anything that doesn't benefit me. Even when he tried getting me to join the Coyotes. He did it because it'd make our lives easier.

Peter loves me. Since our mom is constantly working, and doesn't really give a whole lot of shits about us since the bills are more important, we're the only family we have for each other now. Sure, he has his girlfriend and I have Sodapop, but who knows how long he and Marty will be together, and who knows how long me and Soda will be. I mean come on, we're just 16.

Sodapop put an icepack in my hands and sat on the couch, "how you feeling?"

"Fine," I mumbled, "I'm fine."

"I'm gonna take her home. She's had a long weekend..." Peter stood up but held me in his arms. He carried me out the door, put me in the passenger seat of the car and drove me home.

Inside, me and Peter didn't speak to each other for the rest of the day. I gotta say, our relationship is probably not gonna return to how it used to be. I mean, he killed someone for me, he almost killed Dallas for me, and he pinned my boyfriend against the wall, which essentially made me faint.