Seven

Olivia's POV:

Allison holds up a simple pink dress. "This?"

"That's for spring weather."

She hangs it back up and holds a blue lace dress. "How about this?"

I was at Allison's house since she drove all the way to mine to convince my mom to force me to hang out with Lydia, Stiles, and Scott to ice-skate.

Of course, mom immediately agreed since she saw how I managed to become friends with someone my age and thought this would be a good idea to make me hang out with them.

I hate her.

So currently I was helping her choose her outfits so, in her words, she would dress nice and appropriate to ice skate.

"Try it on then I'll be the judge," I say and she nods, stepping inside her closet.

"Can you believe Derek turned Erica?" She says as I mindlessly play my Harry Potter game.

"Eh, not really." I shrug, never taking my eyes off the screen. "I don't see a problem with it."

"What do you mean? Now he just needs one more." She responds. "Do you think it was a good idea?"

I sit up from her bed and shut off my phone. "Well she knew what she signed up for, so why should we stop Isaac and Erica? They haven't done anything wrong."

"You're missing the point." She says, stepping out of the closet to show that she was wearing the dress. "They could end up getting hurt from...you know."

"Too blue," I say as I shook my head, causing her to step back inside the closet. "And I can see why they wanted the power though. From what you told me about Isaac, he had a shitty father and for Erica, she didn't want to be sick and made fun of anymore. Derek provided their safety nets."

"I didn't see it that way." She mumbles.

I scoff. "Do you mean Scott's way?"

She sighs. "Olivia."

"Look I know he's your boyfriend, but with him and Stiles accusing me about stupid stuff, I'm close to hurting one of them. It's not like I wanted to know from the start." I say and she stops moving her hangers. "Especially with him trying to scare me with his abilities, that pissed me off even more."

"He just has a lot on his shoulders."

I raise my eyebrows. "That doesn't make him special. I was like that too, you know."

I feel the bed dip next to me but I already had turned away, taking more interest in my shoes.

She places her hand on my knee. "Do you want to talk about it?" She whispers.

My eyes trail to her hand and instantly feel my heart warm. I look up, seeing the look of concern in her eyes but also realizing our faces were only a couple inches apart. If one of us leaned a bit more, then we--

"No." I clear my throat, pulling away.

She was about to respond but a knock interrupts her before she could.

We turn and see Allison's father peek his head through the door. Allison scoots away from me and looks at him with annoyance.

"Heading out?" He asks and Allison stands up from the bed.

"Studying at Lydia's place." She says and he gives her a look as if he didn't believe her. "Seriously, Lydia is the only one that's gonna be there."

"Since Olivia already knows what we do," He crosses his arms. "I'm gonna need you to remember what happened."

"What, you want me to stop being friends with Lydia?" She asks.