Twenty-two

Olivia's POV:

"Is everything okay with you and Allison?" Scott asks as we rode our bikes to the Vet.

We were supposed to be meeting up with Derek and he wanted me to be there since Stiles was having dinner with his Dad while Allison was with her Dad as well.

Luckily my mom had the night shift at the hospital so that meant I didn't really have to worry about coming home too late.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Before, you two were close and always hung out after school." He explains. "Now it's...different. Whenever I have you stay with her, you try to avoid her at all costs."

"Well..." I trail off, trying to come up with an excuse. "it's just been stressful dealing with this stuff and hiding it all from my mom. I've been mainly focused on that."

He tilts his head in confusion. "How does that involve Allison?"

"I don't want her to worry about me." I shrug. "She already has enough on her plate with her parents breathing down her neck, watching her twenty-four-seven, and dealing with Kanima," I say and he looks down guiltily.

"Good point," He mutters. "but still. You guys hit it off from the very beginning and I don't want you guys to lose that. For me, I don't think I would've survived if I didn't have Stiles with me."

I nod. "And what about you?" I say, trying to change the subject. "Are you and Allison okay?"

He sighs. "I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue." He responds as we got close to his job. "She's been on the edge about hiding our relationship and the things we know about Jackson with her family."

"But you trust her, right?" I say and he hesitates.

"I don't know. I'm just afraid of the outcome when they find out what we know. When I got called up to the office, her mom asked if I was still seeing her daughter."

I hop off my bike. "And how did that go?"

He gets off his bike as well and leans it against the wall. "Let's just say while she asked the questions, she was sharpening her pencils to the tip."

"Damn," I mumble and place my bike near his. "I knew her mom was intimidating but she's just getting intense."

"Try terrifying." He chuckles.

He opens the door and as soon as we walk in, Derek was standing there with Isaac who was sitting on the chairs that were placed for the waiting room.

"What's he doing here?" Scott glares at Isaac who had a smirk on his face.

"I need him," Derek responds, as they both stand up from the chairs.

"I don't trust him," Scott says as he shuts the door behind us.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac responds and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"You know what, Derek really doesn't care," Derek says, glaring at the two boys.

"And Olivia is getting a headache," I emphasize, pulling Scott away just in case he and Isaac got into it.

"Where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?" Derek impatiently asks.

"That depends." We all turn and see a dark-skinned man, assuming is Scott's boss, lean against the door frame with his arms crossed. "Your friend Jackson, are we planning to kill him or save him."

"Kill him."

"Save him."