Twenty-six

Olivia's POV:

As soon as I open the door, I'm met with a different empty hallway. Several family photos were hung up that I recognized to be younger photos of me with my parents. Both of my parents.

I walk further down the hallway and start to hear shouts that I knew were coming from my mom with someone else.

"She's not normal, Elizabeth!"

"Then what do you suggest we do, huh Thomas?" I hear something crash against the wall.

"We have to get her help. Send her somewhere. I don't know!"

"I'm not sending my only three-year-old daughter away to random scientists to do experiments on her. She deserves a normal childhood. Not having tubes get shoved down her throat."

I sneakily walk down the stairs to hear their conversation better. I see the back of my dad's head and see my mom's angered expression.

"She's not going to have a normal childhood if people witness what she's doing. For god's sake, our neighbors just saw what she did!"

"That's why we'll figure it out, together." My mom tries to reach for his hand but he yanks it away.

"I don't know if I can be a part of this." He says and grabs the suitcase that was beside him. "I can't hold that secret from her, her entire life."

"So that's it, you're just going to leave us? You're gonna leave her alone to figure it out?" My mom raises her voice once more, grabbing the coffee cup nearby and throwing it against the wall which makes it shatter. "She'll be heartbroken once she finds out the truth."

I jump back. Is this the time when he leaves?

"I never signed up for this. I-I...I can't be a good father to her. It'll be better for all of us if I leave." He grabs his suitcases from the ground and heads for the door. He shuts it behind him and my mom collapses to the floor, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"We don't need you! She's gonna know that you were a coward! She'll grow up hating you, I'll make sure of it!" She yells, her voice cracking at the end.

She bursts into more sobs and more than anything, I wanted to run and hug her but at the same time, I wanted to yell, scream, anything at my dad as to why he left.

I feel a hand place at my shoulder that cut me from my thoughts. I slowly look up and see a dark shadow with glowing eyes staring right at me as it floated above. I try to move away but it was like I was frozen in place.

"You finally learned the truth." His voice distorts, making it hard to pinpoint who it could be. "Your anger towards your father is strikingly impressive. It's only a matter of time before it fully consumes you."

"W-What are you talking about?" I nervously ask.

"You'll learn soon enough..." His voice fades as his shadow starts to disappear as well.

Instantly I'm brought back to the same hallway from Lydia's party and a strike of pain in my head. I blink a couple of times until I felt like I was okay again.

What the hell just happened?

I cautiously continue walking down the hallway but see Allison standing there in shock, clutching to her stomach. She stumbles a bit but luckily I reach her on time to catch her.

"Alli, are you okay?" I worriedly ask, trying to make her stand up again.

"I-I don't know. I saw someone a-and they turned out to be me. She shot her arrow a-and--" She starts to ramble but I shush her. "Almost like I was--"