Fourteen

Olivia's POV

Scott explained the situation where the Kanima saw its reflection which caused it to run off and how Derek was planning to hunt it down.

I can relate to the Kanima seeing its reflection. Sheesh.

Eventually, we ended the phone call since my mom said it was getting late and that it was a school night. My mom and I bid our goodbyes to the Argents and I told Allison I would give her clothes back the next time I would go to her house again.

"So...the Argents were nice." My mom trailed as we pulled in to our driveway. "But I don't think I'll be calling them down to hang out for a cup of coffee or something. Maybe only Melissa since I work with her."

I smile in relief. "It's alright. I'm just glad to be home." I say, stepping out of the car and grabbing my bag from the floor.

My mom unlocked the door and gestured for me to go inside first. As soon as I walked in, she gasps.

"Olivia, what happened?" She asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she snatches my phone from my hand. I hear the sound of a picture being taken and she hands me my phone back.

I zoom in and see a scratch mark across the nape of my neck, making my eyes widen.

Was this from the Kanima?

"Who did this to you?" She asks, reaching to touch my neck but I pull away, not wanting to risk her touching the venom. "Let me see—"

"It's nothing!" I scold

"It's nothing!" I scold. "Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing too extreme."

"Olivia." She warns but I start walking to my room.

"I probably scratched myself by accident," I call out. "I'm going to bed, goodnight!"

I shut my door and quickly walk to the mirror to see the mark myself. The small scratch was bleeding but luckily not too much.

I should've been the one paralyzed, so why didn't it affect me? I can't tell anyone or else they'll assume I'm working with the Kanima, even though I'm pretty damn sure it's not me.

Especially Allison. She freaked when the marks Derek and Erica made were magically gone.

I can't be supernatural...right?

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

As I grab my stuff out of my locker, it slams and I'm met with Erica smirking at me.

"Not again." I groan and try to turn away but I collide with another body. I look up and see Isaac wearing a smirk as well. "Aren't you a fugitive? Why are you on campus?"

"Let's just say...someone helped me out." He says, pointing to a guy who shakily froze in his spot.

"Anyway, Derek told us to tell you about our plan that's going to happen in chemistry. He wants you to be a part of it." Erica says and I cross my arms, bringing my binder close to my chest.