Eight

Olivia's POV:

Once I take a step on the slippery ice, I push against the wall and start to glide across the ice-cold rink with ease. I alternated with each leg as I zigzagged on the ice, completing a lap around the rink.

I admit it was cool to get out of the house instead of hanging at home by myself. Maybe being here won't be as bad as I thought.

Lydia soon enough skates in and starts to spin around, spreading her arms and leg almost like a combination with 'T' and 'K'.

Was she a professional or something? I shouldn't even be surprised, because damn was she good

I stop nearby Stiles and see his jaw drop as he stared at Lydia's spins.

"Careful, you'll catch flies." I tease, cupping his chin to close it.

"I didn't think it was humanly possible to fall in love with someone even more." He whispers, making me chuckle.

"Sorry about that whole combination speech not working out," I say and he turns away, giving a small smile.

"I'll get over it. I had a crush on her since the third grade." He shrugs.

I pat his arm. "Be patient. She could eventually fall for you." I say and he nods.

"Since we haven't argued in the first couple seconds, does that mean we're cool?"

"Depends..." I trail and cross my arms. "Do you trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you, I barely know you enough to say you're in my friend circle." He explains and I nod.

"Figures. After all, you're Scott's best friend so you would feel the same as he feels." I shrug but he shakes his head.

"No, I mean--" He tries to say but Lydia skates up to him, grabbing his arm.

"Come on, we have skates for a reason." She says, dragging Stiles along.

I hear something collide with the wall nearby, causing me to look away from Stiles. Scott was on the floor, staring off into the ceiling as Allison slowly skates to him, crouching down to his level.

 Scott was on the floor, staring off into the ceiling as Allison slowly skates to him, crouching down to his level