Thirty-three

Olivia's POV:

I sprint towards her and shove her harshly to the ground, instantly feeling the scaly reptilian hands wrap around my throat. Allison's daggers slip from her hands and she frantically looks up, realizing I was the one who shoved her out of the way.

"Not yet, sweetheart," Gerard spoke, kicking the daggers away from her.

"W-What are you doing?" She shakily asks, seeing how its claws brushed against my neck.

"He's doing what he came here to do." Scott breathes out, trying to catch his breath.

"Then you know?"

"What is he talking about?" Allison asks, eyeing me worriedly before she looks to Gerard again.

"It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it? When I threatened your mother." He says, never taking his eyes away from Scott. "I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could smell it, couldn't you?"

Isaac looks up, his face no longer a werewolf anymore and instead filled with worry. "He's dying."

"I am. I have been for a while now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet," He looks down to the wounded alpha. "but the supernatural does." He glares at me and the Kanima tightens his hold on my throat.

"You monster." Argent glares, seeing the horrified expression on his daughter's face.

"Not yet."

Allison tries to stand up, but I shake my head no, not wanting her to get hurt for trying, but I feel his tail tighten around my throat. "You're gonna kill her! Let her go!" She exclaims.

"You'd kill an innocent girl that Allison cares about?" Argent grips on his dagger tightly that was attached to his belt.

"When it comes to survival," Gerard looks over to him. "I'd kill my own son."

"A-Allison, I'll be okay." I rasp out, feeling my lungs starting to burn. "trust me." She shakes her head as tears spilled from her eyes.

"But I won't be!" She cries out.

"Scott," Gerard calls out as Scott grunts, most likely conflicted about what to do. His face changes back to normal and he walks over to Derek, lifting him up from the ground by the neck.

"Scott d-don't. You know that he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an alpha." Derek says, glaring at Gerard, who was smiling at his paralyzed condition.

"That's true, but I think he already knows that, don't you Scott? He knows that the ultimate prize is making sure Allison's happy." Gerard says as Scott walks Derek over to him. "Do this small task for me and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. In case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love."

"Scott, don't!" Derek yells while Gerard slips off his coat. "Don't!"

"I'm sorry, but I have to," Scott says, then flips Derek's head back to force his canines to come out.

Gerard rolls his sleeve up and lowers his arm into Derek's mouth. His teeth sink into his arm and his crimson red eyes drain to his normal eye color.

Gerard's screams echo in the room but are soon replaced with triumph as he lifts it into the air to show off the bite with a wide smile. However, my eyes widen at the sight of the bite dripping black ooze down his arm.

Everyone's expressions were the same and Gerard took notice, finally looking at his arm. "What is this? What did you do?" He glares.

I couldn't help but snicker weakly. "Y-You know, Scott and I didn't get along in the beginning. Turns out, he's not so bad if we work together."