Sixteen

Ok quick a/n, but one fun fact about this book is that it took me AWHILE to sort of perfect this chapter bc I conflicted between what I wanted to do with Allison and Olivia in this one particular scene. I literally kept changing their conversations and it frustrated me SO MUCH.

You'll know once you see it hehe but enjoy!

Olivia's POV:

Once lunch began, Scott made sure to drag Allison, Stiles and I into the storage room at the boys' locker room. I shut the door behind us and sit on top of the desk.

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia," Scott says as soon as I close the door.

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison hesitantly asks.

"If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes." He responds.

"Especially from what happened at the pool."

"It's not her." Stiles glares but I roll my eyes.

"Stiles, as much as I don't want it to be her, she didn't pass the test. Nothing happened."

"It can't be her." He retorts.

"It doesn't matter because Derek thinks it's her," Allison says with annoyance as she takes a seat on the desk as well. "Either we can convince him that he's wrong or we've got to find a way to protect her."

"I don't think he's going to do anything here," Scott responds but she scoffs.

"What about after school?"

He doesn't say a word but Allison rolls her eyes.

"What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?" I add, adjusting my sweater to hide my hand better.

"By three o'clock?" Stiles raises his eyebrows.

"There could be something in the bestiary," Allison adds.

"Oh, you mean the nine hundred page book written in Archaic Latin that none of us could read? Good luck with that." Stiles sarcastically responds.

I glare. "I don't see you coming up with any bright ideas."

"Actually," Allison speaks up again. "I think I know someone who might be able to translate it."

"I can talk to Derek," Scott sighs, nervously wiping his hands on his pants. "maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it."

Allison frowns. "What does that mean?"

"The three of you can't heal like I do." He says then faces Allison. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

The scars that magically disappeared on my body are a different story, McCall.

Allison rolls her eyes and grabs her purse from the floor. She places it on the desk and pulls out a weapon of some sort, facing it to the ground.

It clicks open and she lifts the crossbow up for us to see, making my eyes widen.

"I can protect myself." She responds seriously, her expression never wavering.